1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bmx zzz on ps2

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Domh, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Domh

Domh Full Member

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Oh my... what prudes!

3. EMIG

EMIG Yup

Lame! And how lame of Wal-mart to refuse to stock the game. I can understand why Toys R Us and KB Toys would do it - they cater to children. Doesn't Wal-Mart sell guns?

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Walmart likes to think of itself as a family-oriented store. So it's ok to sell guns and beer (I believe they sell beer, don't remember), but it's baaaaaaad to sell anything that shows T&A.

I personally think it's pathetic to cater to the lowest denominator when it comes to games (really now, just how much T&A does it take before this sort of thing gets really old - on second thought, don't answer that ethics ;))

5. ethics

Hehe, if one thing Freud had right, it was the essence of Id. Sex and violence.

You can take the human from the proverbial caves, but you can't take the caves from the human.

6. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Actually ethics, that quote should be more like you can take the man out of the cave but you can't take the cave out of the man - we women don't care much about T&A - even the gay ones get tired of it.

why am i still awake, it's 2 am... *kicking self in ass*

7. ethics

I never tire of T&A.

It's probably my last and foremost motivator in life. It's perhaps why I went bald when I was 19 (I shave the whole damn head these days) the damn hormones! Save me, Misu, save me! ;)

When is this game coming out on the x-box by the way? I am too lazy to look it up.

8. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

I don't care much for T & A, but I definitely have a thing for bald guys. No wonder you are so popular with gay men! ;)

Back to the topic though...it really is silly how exaggerated female characters are in video games. I remember a few years back when women complained that there weren't enough female characters in games. Now it seems that there is just too much "female" in games. Maybe some female game designers can come up with a sexy male character that runs around in a thong?

9. ethics

There's plenty of male heros though. You take Half-Life or Duke Nukem, or any FPS you get a male.

One thing I am definitely waiting for is Bloodrayven for the X-Box.

Let me re-phrase that, I am waiting for DOA Xtreme volleyball to get my X-Box and then to get Bloodrayven. ;)

10. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Years ago, when I started gaming, my biggest complaint was that there weren't enough female characters in games. If a female ever showed up on screen, it was usually in some sort of victim role.

Today, the females that show up in games, although they aren't victims, are now eye-candy for male gamers. I don't understand why every single female hero in a game has to wear bikini's and thongs while she fights. DOA3, despite it being one of my fave games to ever come out, is still one of the games I HATE THE MOST because of how women are portrayed. And now the volley ball game one??? C'mon....

The sad thing is that the gaming industry probably won't ever cater to female gamers because there just isn't enough of us to merit their time to listen to us. Not that I find male characters running around in thongs attractive or anything, but it would be nice if we girls could get some 'eye candy', too.