1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocking certain news outlets

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by cdw, Feb 24, 2017.

1. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

White House blocks CNN, New York Times from press briefing hours after Trump slams media

He really needs to knock this shit off. I don't watch or read any of them usually, but that's not the point. It was inappropriate when Obama did it to Fox and it's inappropriate now. That man needs to knock it off and get to work. If certain media outlets stretch or change what is going on then so be it...eventually they will be hurting and either change or go off the air.

Really...out of everything he's done so far? This annoys me the most. Oh...please don't tell me... wait, this will be nothing, lol. Ugh. Just went I'm relaxed and ok about him, he goes and does some piece of shit thing. *sigh*

ethics likes this.
  2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I think it's hilarious.

After years of the media's attitude "you'll think what we TELL you to think" they're getting their asses smacked by the king of all trolls.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

While it IS funny, it's so fucking unprofessional. Can't wait till this clown is out.

cmhbob likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

True, but whats worse, his treatment of them, or their whining like a 6 year olds about how unfair life is because they feel they are entitled to treat him like shit and making that the BREAKING NEWS narrative?

Allene, Arc and cdw like this.
  5. cdw

Well. finally after all this bs, I was able to get the transcript. And I have to tell you... Three quarters of it is about how the Whitehouse has to defend themselves and it was absurd. As if the press was...well let me ask it this way. And they get the same answer. Then it's well, let me try it this way (and maybe I can put words into your mouth) and they still don't get what they want. I wouldn't want Spicer's job for anything in the world. It's HORRIBLE. And then finally about three quarters of the way down we finally hear about the budget and how he's going to cut a lot of things we don't need. Which I agree with.
    I'm just sooooo over the press and I'm just soooo over Trump continually talking about it too....over and over and over. Move the fuck on! *sigh*
    Press Gaggle by Press Secretary Sean Spicer, 2/24/2017

ethics likes this.
  6. Arc

Arc Full Member

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...or so the saying goes. The mainstream media is mistrusted and intensely disliked by the vast majority of the US population. Trump going after them regardless of motive or the accuracy of his claims strengthens his base and probably adds a little bit to it.

No entity is more protected by the constitution than the "press." And no entity abuses their constitutional protection more than the "press."

Meanwhile the media is behaving like a grade school child in their response to Trump's attacks. Morons!

The old saying about fighting with the press was something to the effect of don't get in a war of words with someone that buys ink by the barrel. That's a saying from the newspaper days of the past. You know, the good old days! But that no longer applies in 21st century world of Internet and social media as well as the alt media.

Right now Trump is winning the battle. Will he win the "war?" Depends upon what is true strategic goal is. Right now we only know his tactical goal.

One sure sign that he is making gains with this battle is the number of professional journalist at the high level that are showing their personal bias in hostile personal attacks in social media comments and blogs attacking Trump, again on an intensely personal level. These are many of the same journalist or "press" that are employed as by WAPO, LAT, NYT and so on. In their professional reporting it is supposed to be without bias. Unfortunately when we see some of these same journalists that are supposed to professionals of the highest orders going to social media to personally attack Trump with gross hostility on a personal level how can anyone be expected to believe what they report on a professional level?

cdw and Allene like this.
  7. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I am one who does not tweet and have not friended news reporters on Facebook. I do get most of my news from CNN and the Washington Post. I occasionally look at Fox to see another view.

I guess my age is working against me because social media is modern speak for gossip. What I have seen is Trump and his administration saying things that are opposite things they said previously. I have listened to Trump speak and the word narcissist just pops into my head. He spouts proof of his intelligence as fact and then we find the facts are not true.

So the press is reporting these facts as false. Yes, they may be enjoying it more than they should but their job is to fact check what we hear from politicians.

I hear that bills have been introduced to abolish government agencies. Ok, fine, we have too much government. But when you tell me you want to abolish the EPA because it can be done better and more efficient I want to hear how BEFORE we abolish what we have now.

I spoke out about the ACA, on this board. Not because health care for all is not good, but because of how they were implementing it. Now the Republicans ran on abolishing the ACA. Now they are backing away from that because they realize they have yet to come up with something better.

Ya, politicians have got us in this mess. But narcissistic know it alls will not get us out of it. We need people in government who are looking to surround themselves with the best minds. What we are seeing is our president surrounding himself with pandering fools who will tell him he is great.

Trump's administration will self destruct in an orgy of monetary scandal. I just hope the country is not so divided by that time that we cannot come together.

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

He's still campaigning... And was that a chant of "lock her up" at CPAC? Seriously? Donie, you won, move the fuck on.

cmhbob and cdw like this.
  9. cdw

That's it! He's still campaigning! WTF? And then I read something about a tweet that we should also take to the streets...have rallies, etc, like all those others who I've made fun of. Should I wear a dick on my head? :roflmao: Look, I voted for him and I think we can have some good things happen but enough of this bs. From the press, from him. ENOUGH already. *sigh* A work in progress.

ethics likes this.
  10. Arc

Arc Full Member

Regarding what's labeled as Trump's "War against the Press:"

The press has it coming. They've achieved it the old fashioned way. They earned it.

The MSM has always been in modern times liberal in their overt gross bias. For the past eight years "their guy" was the president. The One. The press kissed his ring and threw rose pedals at his feet. The guy was above criticism and the press carried his water. He got an eight year get out jail free pass from the mainstream media.

Now Trump is the President and the MSM media hates him at the strongest and most visceral level. They don't try to hide it. The media now is focused on literally trying to delegitimize his presidency. They are so passionately devoted to trying get him they don't even attempt to hide it. Trump name is attached to everything negative and anyone associated with him such as his cabinet are attacked and like Trump it is personal. The medias goal regarding Trump and associates is to demonize him and them.

There is a bucket load of issues and things, (and I do mean a bucket load), that Trump can be legitimately criticized on and reported on by the press. Is is definitely their job to do it! They must be fair and balanced in doing it though so that it includes accurate and relevant criticisms plus they are obligated to ALSO fairly and accurately report any facts or actions by Trump that are genuinely positive.

The media has shown that as of today they are incapable of doing their job correctly. Right now they have sunk to an all time low. They aren't a news organization when it comes to Trump and his presidency. They are a far-left special interest hitman reporting entity.

Allene and cdw like this.
  11. cdw

Agreed. BUT...and I support the man, he's behaving just like them. Get off the press and talk to us about what you are doing. That's it. You're speaking directly to us pretty much on a daily basis...which quite frankly was a huge change right there....but now, listening to him is as annoying as listening to them. Say your stuff and go do it. You lose 'regulars' like me and you're dead. We won't hear you. Get your minions to spout that crap if you have to. And if he thinks I'm going out to the streets, he's out of his mind. Totally out of his mind.

Allene likes this.
  12. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Quite honestly, I'm fed up with the entire thing regardless of what side of the fence they're howling from. The polarization is getting worse, not better, and I'm disgusted by the entire process.

For example: Progressives threaten revolt after DNC vote - CNNPolitics.com

There's a large group that absolutely refuses to accept that Trump won the election. So we're going to get at least 4 years of noise from those morons.

And then we have Congress vowing to repeal the ACA with nothing to replace it with, although I'm not sure there should be something to replace it with. However, that door has already been opened and to try to roll back the clock on that one would create a lot more issues than it would solve. Especially as insurance companies have already jacked up their rates and would be loathe to reduce them back to pre-ACA levels.

Both sides need to yank their collective heads out of their asses and start working for the common good.

Allene and cdw like this.
  13. cdw

They're all crazy. Just crazy.

Allene likes this.