1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blacks Sue Jesse Jackson

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

A newly formed group called 'African Americans Against Exploitation' has filed suit against Jesse Jackson demanding that
    Damn...I love this story. It just gets better the more you read ;)

2. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I would love to comment on the topic, however I must recluse myself due to my utter contempt for this individual. (Meaning Jesse Jackson)

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I sent this link to my ex-wife...should be interesting hearing an African-American's view on it, seeing as how she's also a liberal.

SM

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Good stuff, Coot.

What makes me happy is that the black community, business owners, are finally realizing what Jackson has been doing for years.

5. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

I do not think this reflects a new awareness. Black biz folk and many other Blacks have known what he was doing for years , but I am not sure they disapproved. He was sticking it to the big white-run corporations that they had no use for anyway, and which they would have loved to stick it to themselves.

And note that the guy filing the suit is a Republican activist while Jesse Jackass is a prominent Democratic activist. I am sure part of the motivation is political.

But I love the suit anyway. Nice to see Jesse publicly embarrassed again. Last time it was over sex, this time money.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

Great news! I cannot stand Jesse Jackson!

Allene

7. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Hey, a few weeks ago I posted my disgust with Jesse Jackson and referenced a different story pertaining to this exact same lawsuit, but I didn't get a single response! Are you guys racist against me?! :nut:

The fact that so many people have kept quiet and paid Jackson's extortion demands just goes to show you that people are afraid to speak out against the opinions of minorities - or I guess I should say, somebody who thinks he represents an entire minority. He is a criminal, in my opinion. I wish he'd agree to go on the O'Reilly Factor so Bill could rip him a new one. ;)

8. Mospaw

Mospaw Sure is hot in here!

All I can say is that it's about damn time. To call Jackson and his ilk leaders of anyone is a slap in the face to men like Martin Luther King, Jr. and George Washington.

Jackson is out to serve Jesse and nobody else. He hold up the race card ANY chance he can get and plays on political correctness and manufactured corporate guilt to increase his own power base.

Bravo to the AAAE! Where can I send a contribution?

9. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I can only echo my sentiments - I'm glad that at least part of the black community is standing up against this dork and saying ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

10. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

Funny how Jackson can't really call this group racist for opposing him because they are led by blacks. Usually, anybody who opposes his organizations is labelled a racist.

11. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

If his name was Vittore Giacomo, he'd be in federal prison for exactly what he's done.

12. Valkyre

Valkyre Crazy Viking Woman

If I remember right, he had spoken out against the movie, "Barbershop", when he hadn't even watched it yet. He had just heard about one scene, involving a character played by Cedric the Entertainer, and spoke out against that.

13. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

It's a crime against common sense that we have allowed this man to play the race card for so long instead of putting his ass in jail. Is common sense going to return?

14. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Don't count on it Shiny.

15. Sierra Mike

Goodness.

From my ex-wife, posted here without her permission:

The day when African Americans become a recognized (first by us, then by everyone else) nation, and we set up a formal government and begin to vote for "our leaders", then, and only then will these people have a basis for lawsuit.

Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is an historical "black leader" -- so is Malcolm X -- these guys represented very different schools of thought, but they are still afforded the title of "leader". Some people agreed with one, others agreed with the other's ideology -- no one sought to take either of them to court! Jackson has helped the black community make certain strides -- so have Julian Bond, Louis Farakhan and Al Sharpton -- again, they represent different schools of thought and implementation; nonetheless, they are leaders in the community.

The groups that bring this lawsuit are looking to create a leadership basis of their own, and they're taking this ploy to the media, hoping to build their status by denigrating Jackson -- it's cheap, and transparent, but they have no shame and they are hoping to garner the support of the younger generations who do not remember Jackson's efforts (from grass roots till now), and they also hope to appeal to the ever growing poor population, whose dissatisfaction is on the rise with the poor economy, increased cost of living (including increased taxation), and the increased instance of unemployment coupled with decreased social assistance. The Nazis used a similar ploy to rise to political power.

I'll make no claims to anything here, other than to say she is African American. If there are any AfAms here in GA who would like to comment, let's hear from you.

As far as I go, I'll do what I always did when the ex and I were at loggerheads over situations such as this: evade and escape.

Bon apetit.

SM

16. Sierra Mike

Well, I speak out against Cedric the Entertainer myself.

SM

17. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I vehemently disagree with your ex's post. I can also see why she is an ex.

If a great leader, like Churchill, ended up using his status to benefit himself, he would lose any credibility he had in leading. Just because he was once a great leader and helped make strides for "a race" doesn't mean he gets carte blanche for the rest of his miserable life.

18. Sierra Mike

Yes, this is why I'm an ex. :)

She's unfortunately a person who has grown up in this country as a minority, and is quite active in African American affairs. I have to say, color means a lot to her. As in, it's the first thing she considers.

And yes, she thought the Juice was innocent.

SM

19. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

She thought the Juice was innocent? Gullibility or stupidity ought to be automatic grounds for divorce. <small>Psst, I am unemployed so don't tell my wife I said that, she might get rid of me.<small>

20. wafen

wafen Member

May not be able to call them racist, but he can call them Uncle Toms.
    That is what they usually do when they can't play the race card.