1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ditch, Nov 14, 2002.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

The guy sitting down waving to his fans is the confessed maker of the Bali bomb. Those around him are some of the Indonesian authorities involved in the investigation. This is truly a bizarre way to pose for the cameras given the circumstances, criminal and police included.
    The confessor is more and more likely to be the fall guy with the master minds still not apprehended. This one was caught surprisingly quickly. Almost too quickly. Makes me wonder about just what level the investigators are working on.

[​IMG]

2. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

ditch,

This mans 'body language' indicates to me he feels like a man that is NOT in danger and in fact is in the presence of friends and supporters.

Even the interrogator is smiling for the camera and most of the on-lookers are also.

This man will go the way off all Indonesian terrorists and murderers that act for and on behalf of the Muslim power brokers. He MAY, but not certainly will stand trial, will be found guilty, perhaps, and will be given a slap on the wrist or will 'escape' some time down the track. This charade will in fact back-fire as it is so blatant that the world will follow it even more closely than before.

John.

3. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Yes John, the whole thing seems so unreal that I wonder if this is the arrest to shut the west up. He's some wacko they pinned the case on but to think it stops with him is I think is a mistake. He passed the comment at western jounos that "you are the type of people I was trying to kill" either just before or after this photo was taken.

4. -Ken

-Ken Guest

I guessing he doesn't like us. Why is that? Did we do something
    personally to him that he didn't like? Is he "brainwashed"?

As to the mood in the picture, contrast this to the expression of
    Timothy McVeigh's face at any given moment of his incarceration.

It doesn't take "hindsight" or any special insight to see something
    Is very wrong here.

While I realize this picture is a small slice of time and could be
    completely taken out of context (the photographer cracked a joke
    to get everyone to smile just before shooting the picture or something)
    this does not bring to mind the expression I would expect to see by either
    the detainee or his captors. I cant wait to hear BDD's or Copzilla's opinion
    of this picture.

5. John R. Beanham

John R. Beanham Typical Aussie Male

Ken,

"(the photographer cracked a joke
    to get everyone to smile just before shooting the picture or something)"

On the TV news they had a small 10/15 second clip from which this pic has been taken. The 'accused' and the 'audience' have the same manner throughout.

John.

6. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Maybe they're happy they've joined the world in the war against terrorism, and the guy is happy he's the first Bali terrorist caught?

However, that's a stupid thing to be so happy about. I smell a rat - a whole room full of 'em.

7. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

"While I realize this picture is a small slice of time and could be
    completely taken out of context (the photographer cracked a joke
    to get everyone to smile just before shooting the picture or something)
    this does not bring to mind the expression I would expect to see by either
    the detainee or his captors. I cant wait to hear BDD's or Copzilla's opinion
    of this picture."

Ken, Its hard to imagine that this scene would be repeated in the US, Australia or Britain for example. Posing as they have for a media shot is innapropriate and sends all the wrong messages. It has gone done like a lead balloon here.

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

What do you mean?

9. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

The scene here is one of happiness and of all having a good time, atleast that is how it appears to me. This bloke has confessed to making the bomg that killed a couple of hundred people many of whom are still unidentifed with relatives still waiting on confirmation of identity. Surely this is not the appropriate behaviour of arresting and investigating officers in the prescence of the confessed maker of the bomb, posing for the media in such a way. It has upset a lot of people here even to the extent that the PM has I believe made a diplomatic protest about it.

Look at it this way, if after the Oklahoma bombing, McVeigh and local US investigators were photographed in a similar pose, how would US citizens have reacted and how would relatives of the victims have felt?
    So is there anything to laugh about here? Not as far as I'm concerned.

10. ethics

In a sick and distorted way, I am happy that the Aussies are pissed as hell. There are few people I'd like to have a backing of than the Aussies and the Brits.

That's not to say I approve the killings, by any stretch. I wish there were other ways to gain allies.

11. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

A number of questions come to mind after looking at that picture...

Why was the suspect looking so happy? That is not a "defiant" look as seen by many suspects with an "in your face" attitude. I can't think of any confessors to a capital crime in our jurisdiction that displayed such an air of congeniality..

Why were there so many "investigators" in an interrogation room? Not even close to the same standards that we have here...

Who was the photographer and why was this a photo-op? If the photographer was a member of the media, then that would be a big no-no here.

I feel that there is a lot more to this photo (and story) that is being left unsaid...

BDD... :{)

12. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Theres more to the story here.

13. ethics

Oh my, is that pathetic or what?

14. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

<i>"There was a lot of funny words that was spoken by Amrozi."</i>

Holy... Ken was right! The guy was being funny, so the cops, to look good to the people, laughed and smiled.

WOW. fuhREAKS!