1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre Issue Accessing This Site

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rockotman, Jan 17, 2015.

1. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Interesting...

I sent an email to Leon because I haven't been able to access this site for a while (at least a week, maybe more... I really can't recall).

Anyway, I thought that the site was down, but he responded saying it was up an running.

So I did a little testing.

Through my ISP, I could not access it at all. I tried on different machines and using different browsers (including my iPhone), to no avail.

I turned off the WiFi on my phone, and found out that I could access when using Verizon's LTE network.

So I went into my router, and cloned a PC's mac address, rebooted the router and cable modem to pull a different IP from my ISP, and now I can access the site via my ISP again.

Is it possible that my old IP was being blocked by the site? It would have been something like 24.101.17x.xxx (Armstrong Cable... aka podunkville cable:p).

Just curious.

2. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

One other thing that I just thought of... my 9 YO granddaughter managed to download that nasty Vosteran on to my wife's laptop back on Dec. 30. Luckily, I caught it and cleaned the machine up before it could cause too much trouble. I doubt it had anything to do with it, as it was on a machine that never accesses this site.

3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I had that same shit happen to me last month. Something to do with the new spam filtering software, but it's bugging out and banning IPs for activity it is misidentifying. I was offline for like a week and a half before we figured out the site was what was the problem. Tom fixed it, removed my IP from the filtered ones.

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Guys need to email me as soon as it happens so I can catch it in the logs quicker. (biker @ this domain). The security rules I have running are very strict and if there's something that's just even a wee bit off center, it'll block in a heart beat. If you insist on continuing to access, it perma bans the IP.

I need to know so I can find it in the logs and either fine tune the rule if necessary, or guide you through fixing things on your end.