1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bikers in NYC

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Copzilla, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Holy smoke, what do they put in the water up there in NYC? Check this video out. Driver of a Range Rover goes bowling for bikers.

Now before people get too worked up over all this, and before all the rumors are getting repeated until they're fact, there was one person who went to the hospital... The SUV driver. It was due to glass cuts, that happened toward the end of the video, which was conveniently cut off and not uploaded to Youtube.

No biker was hurt in this incident, despite all the reports on what happened from the biker sites.

...which really shows how mob mentality can work.

Link here gives facts on the matter -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kers-surround-vehicle-annual-street-ride.html

The thing is this. The SUV stopped after bumping the brake-checking bike (which is in itself stupid). Just before the SUV driver took off and ran over those bikes, people were beating on his SUV and scaring the living daylights out of him and his wife and child. They had him boxed in.

What would YOU do if a crowd of bikes boxed you, your wife and child in, and were beating on your vehicle?

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Was that Blackie in the red jacket? :D

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well the obvious answer here is not to be on THEIR road in the first place.

I see the same shit here in NJ, bunch of wannabe tough guys with rice rockets and chrome nazi helmets roaming the highways in packs just looking for trouble, riding 3+ wide per lane. (Which last time I checked is illegal in itself)

Cops here won't do shit either, but deity forbid someone in an suv changes lane without signaling past a radar trap with no one else on the road or has a tail light out on the Parkway.

Odd that they have no problem uploading a vid of them committing assault rather than just pulling over and reporting a hit and run.

4. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I'd much rather be carrying illegally (which I would have to do, since I can't legally carry in NYC) and leave around 8 corpses on the street than beaten to death by thugs. What the fuck is it with brake checks like that, anyway?

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Bikers in tri-state are not what it used to be. Now any Tom, fat Dick, and Hairy can get one and think he is hot shit. They are certainly not viewed the way I used to view them back in the day. Perhaps I see more of it, or maybe I am more focused on shenanigans.

6. Sierra Mike

I'm really amazed by this. I mean, seriously, I'm in a situation like that and I know what these guys are going to do, I'd be weaving my F-150 all across the road, leaving these guys all over the place. Any 911 calls about this, I wonder?

7. ethics

If I am the SUV driver, I am speed dialing as soon as I bump one of these guys. Then I am going on record that I am being attacked (with the shouting in the background from the thugs, helps my case).

8. ethics

9. Arc

Arc Full Member

Don't forget to mention the gun(s) in your 911 call. It speeds up the response and increases the number of responders.

I'm confused in watching the video about one thing. Did the bike that was struck slow down and stop or near stop on purpose in front of the SUV, (it sort of LOOKS that way), or did he slow down in response to being bumped?

10. ethics

He slowed down on purpose. He wanted the car to stop and believed that the car driver will not have it in him to run him over or even bump him.

11. Sierra Mike

Heh, guess things didn't work out the way they wanted. I see almost none of the bikes have plates--is it legal in NY to drive without plates? If not, then one might think the NYPD could have made a killing writing citations, left and right, especially since they had problems with these guys shutting down Times Square.

I've actually been searching around the innerwebz, and I'm surprised no arrests have been made yet. Maybe because the driver was an Asian guy, the cops just think it's how he normally drives. :D

Also finding lots of apologists out there... "Why was this slope driving in the middle of the pack?" Because, you stupid douchebag, the bikers caught up to him and swarmed him. He probably flipped on the bird because they're all a bunch of wannabe Dexters, and they forgot that a crotch rocket usually comes out on the losing end of a car chase.

I do want to thank the guy who uploaded the video, even with the obvious edit at the end. He just helped getting 50 of his friends Astoglide-free anal inspections in Sing Sing.

12. Sierra Mike

LOL

13. Copzilla

Yeah, I knew they cut the video off at that point for a reason. They didn't want to publish what they did. You can believe the video WAS still running.

IMO the SUV driver did what he had to do, in fear of his life. Box someone in like that, start beating on his car, or even approaching his car? Wife and child in the vehicle? Screw you, I'm outa there.

14. Sierra Mike

The NYPD's gotta be pissed about this, it puts a ding in Kelly and Bloomberg's fictitious crime stats.

15. Arc

Arc Full Member

All those bikers grouped closely together in a large pack. What to choose from in the fighter aircraft cockpit? The gun or CBU canisters? How about a Police Helicopter gunship with a mini-gun?

16. Copzilla

Because they were taking up every single lane of a multi-lane highway. Because they thought the entire highway belonged to them, and no cars allowed. Because they were lane swapping and passing in same lane and all manner of things like that. Even the guy that brake checked and got bumped early on passed the SUV - in the SUV's same lane.

17. Sierra Mike

Yep. Fucking douchebags. I wish the guy had pulled a 180, put it in four wheel low, and filled up the tire treads with torn flesh, blood, and Suzuki parts. (And one ATV, which is illegal to drive on the streets in NYC.)

18. ethics

Btw, this is the same exact route I take when I drive in. It's on 9A, which is what West Side Highway turns in to. To get home I get off the GWB exit which is where the chase lead in to and this is where the road divides from those heading in to NJ (me) and those going to Bronx.

19. Sierra Mike

I'm sure this is all fake. NYC has no crime. Emperor Bloomberg said so, other than those vile Big Gulp bandits.

Arc likes this.
  20. ethics

If you think Bloomberg is bad wait till you see what this DeBlasio guy has in store for NYC.