1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big changes ahead for Firefox

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Biker, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Replacing the Jet Engine While Still Flying | Jen Simmons

This looks pretty slick! Hopefully, it'll reduce some of that memory bloat that creeps in with multiple tabs.

ethics likes this.
  2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Interesting! I use FireFox.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Big fan of FF.

Especially after the autofill fiasco with all the other browsers (Opera was clean too).

4. Biker

Unfortunately, while Opera was on the fast track to becoming relevant again, they sold out to the Chinese. Pity, too. I was so looking forward to having a built in VPN to the browser.

ethics likes this.
  5. ethics

Link?

6. Biker

Opera just may become relevant again

Look up Qihoo 360. If you follow security news on a regular basis, you'll find they're no stranger to controversy and shenanigans.

7. ethics

Aw, not a fan of our stuff going to Chinese. Time to drop Opera.

8. Biker

If Qihoo 360 wasn't involved, I'd be tempted. But with the recent fiasco with them and SSL certificates, not to mention their attempt at getting people to install their browser in the guise of an official MS update.. No. Never. Not in a million years will I use Opera.

9. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I switched to Chrome several months ago because FF was basically unworkable on this machine. It'd crash every hour or so. This looks promising.