1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Better Economy = Bad Customer Service?

Discussion in 'Economy' started by ethics, Sep 5, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I honestly feel that this is correlation vs causation as the customer service has been declining for years now. As to why? A combination of...
    1. Wages suck.
    2. Cheap labor exists. Thanks Illegals and H1B's. Please don't preach how businesses are checking everyone's credentials to work in US.
    3. Ever worked in a spot where you have to appease to customers? It's hell.
    4. As article points out: most of these jobs offer no obvious upward mobility
    3. Subsidies in big cities (I don't care where you lean politically here) are substantial in nudging ever so slightly to have people consider NOT working at all. Especially in big, Liberal cities (apologies for redundant statement).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...m_term=.5f703a324b2e&wpisrc=nl_rainbow&wpmm=1

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

3-4-3: Hey, nice counting there, Blackie. :)

6. Brick and mortar establishments reduce the size of their customer-facing workforce, frustrating both customers and the frazzled workers. I have used a local Macy's to buy some clothes, and several times I have stood there or walked around looking for an employee so that I can give them my money.

ethics likes this.
  3. Arc

Arc Full Member

How bad has customer service become? So bad that unless the customer service person speaks English with a heavy accent I can't understand them.

ethics likes this.
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member