1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta group, where are you?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Copzilla, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Slapped another 512MB in the machine this morning. It's much happier in Org and Undercity now. :happy:
  2. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I bet. Amazing how much difference in performance there is between a machine with 512 and the same machine with 1GB.
  3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Alright, so me and Gillo hooked up for some beta group killing yesterday, and damn we kicked some butt.

Once Gillo figured out the way to go at it in group is not to stealth around like he does solo, but suck out one bogey or two at a time and clear paths, we started whomping mucho bootangus. Killed all the councilmen and got the proclamations and whatnot outside Tarren Mills, screwed around and went to the coast so I could pick up those fins for my quest down there and stumbled across an elite that attacked us, who promptly delivered that sword we were supposed to have to clear the elite quest. We fought one bastid and finished an elite quest... LOL! That's like 4000 bonus experience points for nuthin. So then we globetrot off to Thousand Needles and he leads me through 3 quests, before he gets hosed on a disconnect and we both pay for it dearly.

I basejump over one of the Needle Cliffs, only to die when I hit a ledge halfway down. So to res myself, I had to go and souljump halfway down the side, when I got close then resurrect, at which time I continued to plummet to my second death.

No problem though, I bagged 90% of a level last night with him, and today finished it up to get 29. Gillo is now at 31. Comin' on strong!

Oh, and got myself a nice hoodie. I no longer have spikes. Look more like the Grim Reaper.
  4. Biker

Heh.. Just let me know when you want to finish that one up. I may sneak in and pinpoint the location of that last chest for you before we do it.

Tried to knock off that Lvl 26 Elite Bloodfury Bitch earlier today. Didn't do well. **sigh** Need to work on that one again.
  5. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Sorry to all, but it's been a pretty busy week or so. I haven't had much a chance to login and play.

Hopefully I'll get some time this weekend.
  6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

A DPS class and a priest make a great duo. Sap is a nice opening move when you're facing two or more humanoid opponents. I was in a trio with two rogues once and sap came in very handy - take two mobs out of the fight at the beginning and kill the others first. :)

7. Andy

Hee hee, Biker was a busy thief yesterday then...

I helped him out with several (elite) quests in 1000 Needles after you left I guess.

I just let him tag 'em, and I would then come along and *KARANG* on their widdle heads. :nut:
  8. Biker

LMAO! Yep! Copz is going to need that "panther" assist. No way in hell he and I were going to tackle that kitty! :lol:

We got our butts handed to us in Roguefeather Den. Twice. :haha:

And to top off our stupidity for the evening, we popped into Razorfen Kraul. We left rather quickly after we saw what was around the corner. :rofl:

OH! And ask Copz what happens when you play around with elevators.

Also helped Midhir wipe out a few harpies and we then took out the queen bitch. She nailed my arse today 3 times. Didn't think a 26 elite would be THAT tough. Sheesh! At least I dinged 32 during all that.

And speaking of Midhir... His dog is a bloody retriever. That damned thing ran off and then brought THREE nasties back to us. If there was a time that the software should have allowed me to kick that dog, that was it! :lol:

All in all, a very enjoyable day. :)
  9. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Not entirely sure what was up with that. I had him set for defense, not aggressive. I sent him out to attack a harpy, and he dragged all kinds of $(#@ back. At least I was the only one that died - besides my pet, that is :haha:

Funniest part of the evening though...Gillo came along to help me with the "Gerenzo Wrenchwhistle" quest in Windshear Crag. After killing Gerenzo, I decided to jump off the cliff into the lake below...

I missed the water :rofl:

It made me remember a comment from a comedian I watched on TV once:

"There are two types of cliffdivers - Grand Champion...and stuff on a rock"

I was definitely "stuff on a rock" after that rofl.
  10. SixofNine

I know jack about pets, so I probably won't be any help here. If you where I think you were (Charred Vale or the NW part of Badlands), your pet probably, through no fault of you or your pet, got within aggro range of other harpies and other fun-loving mobs.

11. MNeedham73

Yeah, we were in Charred Vale. He brought back another harpy, a Chimaera, and something else (was too busy getting my butt kicked to notice).
  12. SixofNine

Could have been one of those evil trees from the Wizard of Oz, or an elemental.

Whoops, I meant NW Barrens as the other possible location, not Badlands.

13. MNeedham73

Those trees crack me up when they die. Gillo and I got a kick out of killing them.
  14. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Word of advice for Hunters, if you are in a full group and in an Instance, ditch the pet. Your shooting will do good amount damage and your pet will be more of a liability than help.
  15. MNeedham73

lol, now you tell me :)
  16. Copzilla

Dude, this morning after we got away from Leeroy the Frenchman Part Deaux and you went to work, I was tooling around north of Hillsbrad looking to clear an orange quest, the one with the tokens at the internment camp. Anyway, I came across a Horde L37 druid fully engaged, with 5 L32 mobs, and he was halfway dead. I bust him with a full heal, +850, trash the one he was working on with shadow magic, and promptly draw two of them to me... a level 30. So now I'm fully engaged. So I curse the crap out of one of them with draining spells, and proceed to shadowmagic his azz to death. By that time, I was mostly dead, but popped a healing potion, cursed the last guy with drains, and flash healed myself the rest of the way. From here, it's nothing but a grind with the wand.

So this druid survives because of the intervention, he finishes his two off and helps me finish mine. So I invite him to party, and he accepts. Then we proceed to walk like kings through four orange quests, the ones where you kill slave elementals and summoners, etc, all of them in that area. Ding L31 in about an hour. Very very cool. Gillo, you want a walkthrough on that one, I'll go back there in a heartbeat.
  17. Biker

Yeah! I have the tokens to do, as well as a few others in that area I think.
  18. Copzilla

Hey look, let's jam up tomorrow morning. If you haven't completed that series, let's do it. I still have to kill yetis too, so that might be fun.
  19. SixofNine

Let us know when one of you is ready to revive Hercular from his grave in Southshore. Some of us will probably want to watch, if not help out with those level 50+ Southshore guards, who killed all of us a few times. :)

20. Biker

I got the rod from the Yeti's earlier today, but still have quite a few others to do (such as the tokens, etc.). I'm going to get the thing charged up now and then hold off planting the thing until we can get a larger group together. **grin**

Took about 2 hours of clearing that damned Yeti cave to finally get a drop on this stupid rod. It BETTER be worth the show.

I'll look for you as soon as I get on line after I get up. ;)