1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beta group, where are you?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Copzilla, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Yeah, it was real interesting when L25 elite mobs chasing little ol' L20 priest ME of all people. But I had these two huge blocking dummies who I ran behind most of the time, so it was pretty cool. Yes, I did pick up on those things Andy. All in all, it was pretty great, and to run through SFK and only crash and burn once was pretty good, I think. Because those are some baaaaaaad dudes in there, at least for my level.

Pyrewood was actually pretty easy. Gillo and I recruited a couple more guys about my level, and we just slammed the whole city. Gillo was our meat on that run, and kicked major ass. I gained about a third of a level right there. The rest came from cashing in our quests. And cashing in SFK was good for a few bars of XP.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I was finishing up a couple of easy ones in the Southern Barrens after our fun last night and ran into a lvl 23 mage who was having some issues getting the last bad guy on her list. Ended up helping her, then running through the second part. Got our arses shot off a couple of times, but all in all, good fun there, too.

Gotta figure out why TS isn't working on this machine. It WAS working. One day it just decided to stop.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

OMG! THE NUB!!!! I'd kill him!

Excellent!

4. ethics

Can't send bind on pickup stuff. It's bound to you and the only thing you can do is sell it you weenie. ;)

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Or wear it...
    You'd be the cutest rogue in Orgrimmar. :lol:

6. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Plus with all that extra intelligence your mana would rock. :thumbsup:

:lol:

7. ethics

Hey you guys, stop picking on Tom. Maybe he likes dresses and thought this one was "one of the cutest he has ever seen" and had to have it. ;)

8. Brazbit

9. ethics

That should be his new avatar. ;)

10. Biker

:lol: I think today will be spent cleaning up this machine and getting WoW to work better. First on the agenda is to get TS working again, then see if I can improve the video performance. There were a few times last night where the lag had a noticeable effect on my performance. It really sucks when you go to swing and all of a sudden you're in that "stop frame" mode because of the lag. At one point yesterday, I fell off the wind rider tower in Org because of it. :doh:

11. ethics

That's not a sign of the lag though--not the way it happens to me. When you freeze like that, that's HD churning (usually when my Diskkeeper decides to run its defragmentation).

But I am sure if you clean it up, perhaps defrag, it will help a lot .

12. Biker

Yep... But I have all stuff like that turned off. Don't know why it does it, and it's always in a busy area like a town.

13. Brazbit

How much ram? (1gig or more makes a world of difference)

Do you have your display options turned up to high for your computer? Try knocking some of the options down a notch see if the problem improves.

Three basic types of "lag" in WoW:
    1. True server lag (The server takes forever to respond like when trying to sell an item and it takes 3 minutes to actually happen)

2. Latancy (Easy enough to spot on the default interface, the bar next to the bags turns red. Actions take a second or two to happen then happens in a flurry just to pause again.)

3. Improper graphical settings by the user (Person has three year old value video card but insists on having every beel and whistle turned on then complains about "lag" when their machine runs at 2 frames per second.)

14. Biker

I should up the RAM (may do that this weekend). Only 512 MB. I suspect the disk thrashing is coming from the swap file.

15. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

If you have the swap file on the same physical drive as Windows and WoW, that'll cause slowups too.

I've got a small second drive in my PC (20gb) that is used strictly for the Windows pagefile.sys.

Don't get the disk access lag that way :)

(I've also got a gig of RAM too though)

16. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Man, today I blasted through 8 nagging quests that had been hanging around, bagged a couple more solo and got level 22. Still have Wailing Caverns to go after, have four quests for them, will probably look for a WC party tomorrow. Made expert in alchemy and herbalism, recipes for 300 HP potions, bagged some VERY cool spells for the priest, shadow spells that can tap the enemy while healing me, L4 Smite, L2 Heal, etc. Gonna be tearing stuff up!

17. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

I would probably be up for WC Friday night. I have three quests there.

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Grab all that ya can. :thumbsup:

http://globalaffairs.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36427

2 can be found right at the entrance (up in the skull's eye) and one can be found inside (crystal drop).

The hard ones to get are the chain quests from Thunder Bluff (On Elder Rise and in the cave under Spirit Rise) that have you running all over Mulgore and The Barrens.

19. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Love that priestly damage you can cause. :)

Check your mail, Copz, we grabbed three Bind on Equip cloth items for you in WC tonight.

Brian

20. Biker

I'm game for another romp. Problem is, my rotation starts Friday afternoon and won't be on until after 1am. Bummer.