1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best place to harvest leather?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by jimeez, Oct 30, 2005.

1. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Influ is LVL 18. Where is the best place to harvest leather and hides? I'm flying through leather as if it grew on trees. :cry:

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Level-wise you're in Barrens anyway, and there are lots of skinnable creatures there. Els should be able to provide more first-hand information.

With Strongback's return you have the makings of a five-player group, which would be great for questing. I was looking at the guild roster when I noticed this, don't know if I can do it from memory:

- you
    - Strongback
    - Boaire (sp?)
    - Stonehawk (though he has a tough schedule)
    - Violentia

Brian

3. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Yeah, I noticed that too. :thumbsup: The only problem is getting everyone on at the same time. ;)

4. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

The Barrens is thick with skinnable creatures. I go there if i need low level leather. Just match your level (or go lower if you are by yourself :) )with the creatures and you will be fine.

I also have Rosilene (sorry if the spelling is screwed up) She is in the guild and is a level 15 warlock with both imp and voidwalker. I can come along if you need some help.

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Samwitch... She should be 20.

6. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

Um... cows?

7. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

When I'm online just contact me and I'll do more with you in there. I teamed up with a very helpful guy who wasn't guild yesterday. He was very nice and mature. Wanted something and rolled greed. I told him if he lead me where I needed to go...he could have all the loot. He said no you can have it...caring is sharing. Will give you his name too when I can get back inside. Nice guy. He walked me all the way to where I needed to go and even reminded me to grab a flight point. He's a level 21 think it was troll. He was a tall guy. Skinny with the pointed ears.

8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Jeez, I forgot Sam - must be getting senile. Sorry, Sam.

Brian

9. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Unfortunately cows only give ruined leather scraps with a 1.2% chance of giving a light leather. Critters are great for getting your xp up to 10 but after that you have to fight something with teeth. ;)

I Know you were just making a joke.

10. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Or claws, stingers, wings, etc. :haha:

11. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

However, Leatherworking gives you the skill to fix scraps into leather. I think you need 2 to make 1 leather.

12. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Yeah els made a post a while back about making thick armor kits. Being bored I did some math about haow many of which leather was needed to make the kits. This was based on combining low end leather into progressively better leather and repeating until you had the desired object. Now she can make even higher kits so the numbers go up by a factor of six I believe.

<!-- / message -->