1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Baked Chicken dish EVER!!!

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Andy, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Got this recipie from someone in the Signal Corps in Ft. Monmouth NJ.

Used to make this to feed 40+ Firefighters at a time so I am trying to figure out proportions for home and also going by memory.. so bear w/ me.

Makes enough to serve 6+

large, deep glass baking dish

1 bag (5 lbs) of bonless/ skinless chicken breasts (2 pc. per person minimum)

2-3 cans Campbell's cream of mushroom soup (replace with cream of broccolli if alergic to mushrooms/ found out the hard way!)

2-3 cans Campbell's cream of celery soup

1 cup milk

1 bag Pepperidge Farms stuffing mix

1 block (2-3 lbs) Monterey pepper jack cheese (with real peppers inside!) shredded (or Swiss if milder taste preferred)

enough white rice to feed as many people needed

place chicken in bottom of pan.
    add cans of soup and milk, stir in to cover chicken.
    sprinkle cheese over top
    sprinkle (cover) stuffing over top

(if desired, add small ammount of celery salt/garlic salt or garlic powder on top to taste)

bake at 400 for min 45 minutes, or until soup is bubbling through cheese/stuffing stuffing should be somewhat crispy, yet not burned.

serve with white rice on side, or on top of rice.
    and most important....:beer:
    Enjoy! :)

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Damn, I just ate and I am hungry again. :)

3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

That DOES sound good, and an easy recipe.

4. Sam

Sam Cute and cuddly!

I use to make something close to that. Skip the stuffing and cheese. & put minute rice in the pan with the chicken. Very quick and easy. I like the sound of the cheese and stuffing. I will have to try that next time.