1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC/Tuesday's patch addon thread

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I'll throw my kudos to this add-on also. It was a lifesaver last night against Chromie. Highly effective.

I find myself disliking the CTRA raid interface, preferring the game raid UI group windows as they contrast better, are more visible to me. BUT - CTRA has a marvelous debuff color highlight of the person who is cursed or diseased, and I swapped back over to CTRA interface for Chrommaggus. I have mine set up to red for magic bebuff, yellow for disease, and it worked like a champ.

Seid, great find. I doubt very seriously if we would have been able to drop Chrommaggus without it, and we even had people commenting that the debuffs were being stripped off in perfect fashion.

Clique + CTRA = Excellent Decursive substitute.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I am doing mostly PVP. On top of my goal for GM gear, I am having a blast. I haven't even been in an instance for over a month. :)
  3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

The good news is that those raid frame replacements I listed all include some variation of that feature. I'll try one of them out tonight. My goal is to completely replace CTRA and CTBossMods with Ace-based add-ons.
  4. SixofNine

The new UI passed with flying colors in AQ20 last night. I dropped CTRA and installed oRA2, sRaidFrames, XRaidStatus (XRS), Bigwigs, and La Vendetta.

You get to build your own raid status box from scratch with XRS. I like the way that SRaidFrames color codes the main tanks window by class.

Many other nice things behind the scenes or not captured in this picture.
  5. SixofNine

One more snapshot from last night's tete a tete.

SRaidFrames' main tank window is showing the tanks' targets' targets, so I can see that the two wasps we are fighting are in fact most upset with our tanking warriors.

The gold highlight around the first tanks' frame means that I have him targeted.

The red highlight around the two players in Group 1 means that they have aggro.

That's me dry humping a mana totem in the middle of the picture. :D

Another nice thing that Clique does is basically let me have two targets. I have Foshan targeted in the picture, so any heals that I cast by clicking on an action bar or using my keyboard shortcuts target him.

However, I can also click-cast using any frame on the screen. If I want to Flash Heal Khul, for example, I have Clique set up to do that by shift-left-clicking on his player frame (either the one in the main tank window or the one in Group 1). Doing so does not change Foshan as my target. Very nice.
  6. SixofNine

7. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

finally!! I have really missed that!!! Now if Gatherer would get updated I would be happy
  8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

How could you miss it? It's been working all along. :p

Nice to see the developers are happy with the stability. :thumbsup:
  9. SixofNine

Yeah, the alpha didn't give me any problems.
  10. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Don't make me hurt you :D I didn't want to use the alpha and have it cause problems with the rest of the stuff I have. Errors during off tanking Ossierian blow :)
  11. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Don't blame you one bit Els.