1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BC/Tuesday's patch addon thread

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Titan Mail (an indicator on Titan Bar of new mail, and totals of how many, also tells if it's Auctions won/lost, etc) is updated and working great.

Remember to turn off the "YOU GOT MAIL!!" sound. ;)

2. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Thanks for this thread! Got my Titan working and autoprofit. Now just waiting for auctioneer.

3. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

This version of Auctioneer has been working just fine for me.

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Hey thanks, Jim. I'll have a go at it.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The last bit I was looking for (Titan [Rest Plus]) seems to not have been updated, nor anytime soon..

So I found this neat replacement.

Titan [All Played]

Gives rested info, time played, total gold on all toons if you select that option, and looks at multiple realms or "this realm" if you so choose.

I'm sold.

To show each toon, you just have to log into it once.

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Things are working so well with my Discord-less UI setup that I don't think I'm going to go back even when Loz gets his act together. Somebody has actually gotten some of the Discord add-ons updated, but things are going will without them:

Bongos: DAB replacement
    X-Perl UnitFrames: DUF replacement

I also want to try Perl Classic Unit Frames as a DUF replacement, but the author can't update all of the modules until his college semester is over. I might also give ag_UnitFrames a test drive.

Here's a picture of my current UI in a full raid. That's ACE-compatible FuBar getting a test drive as a potential replacement for Titan, too.

What the picture doesn't show is the combined use of CTRA and Clique to replace Decursive, which is working great.

Many of the other usual suspects are there, too: ThreatMeters, Fishing Buddy, ItemRack, Atlas, SWStats, etc.

7. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please let me know what all the hoopla is over Fubar lately.
    Other than being a Titan lookalike, what is better/worse about it than Titan?

When I first looked into it, all the "basic" stuff titan includes, Fubar required separate plugins for on top of most of the goodies I'm used to not even being available.

Has it improved on what comes in the basic package or is it still a shell that requires many more plugins?

Thanks.
    signed,
    Confused in Peoria.

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Add me to the list of those wondering. The interface looks almost identical to Titan except with a different font. Looks like Honor is working in Fubar?

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Titan too. ;)

10. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Led Mirage dumped Discord as well. Went with x-perl and Trinity. Works well so far.

11. SixofNine

Apparently the big deal is resource usage. From what I can gather, add-ons built using the ACE framework tend to be more efficient from the standpoint of resource consumption.

There are a couple of attractive gimracks with FuBar, but I certainly don't consider Titan to be a "wrong" choice. Titan might in fact have some of the features touted by the FuBar folks:

• Drag and drop rearragement of plugins.
    • Any plugin can exist on left or right.
    • Automatically adjust frames (so frames don't overlap with bar)
    • Any number of bars (not limited to just 2), you can attach to the top, bottom, or detach any amount you want.
    • Can detach a tooltip and pin it to the UI.
    • Can place plugins on the minimap, which will function like standard minimap buttons.

At least one of the buttons on my mini-map is a FuBar module, the XP one, I think.

FuBar

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zoinks!

That does look good.

Thanks. :)

I just might have to give it a test run myself, if I can find all the goodies I like, which in reality, isn't much as long as I can get the basics of money, bags, location, performance, etc (which I see you have in your SS) in addition to rested-xp, skills, some sort of rider equivalent, and whatever else I'm forgetting now that I'm not at my gaming machine.

I have been running the Default UI now for a few weeks isn't as bad as I thought it was, but then again, I've rarely even logged into Mav in that time anyway because of the fact I couldn't get my farm o' totem buttons the way I like coupled with the desire to get Coriakin to 60 before the expansion ships and I slip into Belfadin mania.

13. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Auctioneer ready yet?

14. ethics

Btw, Brian, thanks for the recommendation on FuBar. Gave it a shot and I love it. Sort of Titan meets Cosmos for me. :)

15. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

The Developer version has been working fine for me.

16. ethics

Thanks, will give that a try.

17. SixofNine

I had two money-related Fus on that screen shot (I think they're called Money and Auditor). I dropped Money and am going with Auditor at the moment.

18. ethics

I shall try the same...

19. SixofNine

Regarding Ace Add-Ons

There are a whole bunch of add-ons built upon the Ace framework, and more and more of them are coming out with versions for WoW 2.0.

Ace provides modularity for developers and performance for users. A lot of Ace-based counterparts to popular but more resource-intensive mods such as CTRA and Titan Panel have been released, such as FuBar in place of the latter.

If you haven't done so you might want to add wowace.com to your regular tour list of add-on sites.

FPS frequently goes in the toilet in large raids, so any add-ons that give back a few fps by not being such resource hogs are worth a look.

If you're raiding, oRA2, a lightweight CTRA replacement, is now available for the latest patch. oRA2 is fully compatible with all of the messages that CTRA sends.

The downside of the modularity is that the loose coupling of these add-ons means that you have to go shopping for features that are included in the more traditional mods. oRA2 does a lot of stuff, but one of the things it doesn't do is display raid frames. There are a lot of alternatives:

sRaidFrames
    ag_UnitFrames
    Grid
    PerfectRaid (Note: as far as I know, not yet updated for WoW 2.0)
    X-Perl UnitFrames

X-Perl is not built upon Ace but its author is proud of X-Perl's small memory footprint and resource effiency. I'm currently using it for grouping and as an all-around replacement for Discord Unit Frames, but I have its raid frame features turned off.

At this moment I'm being conservative and sticking with CTRA for the big guild raids. I plan to shake down these alternatives in 20-player raids. The combination of CTRA's color-coded debuff alerts and Clique have made it easy to miss Decursive.

Grid is the freakiest, most interesting-looking departure from the standard raid frames look. Take a look at the screen shots in the above link. I actually had Grid working one evening and it's still in the running as a permanent raid frames replacement for me. If you're curious, there's more detail in the Grid user documentation.

The oRA2 page also provides links to other Ace add-ons that fill in the gaps of CTMOD functionality. For example, the most popular Ace replacement for CTBossMods is BigWigs.

If you want to see if there are Ace versions of your favorite add-ons:

20. SixofNine

Postscript: Copz and I have these add-ons installed. Last night in BWL our decurse counts were over 200 each. Third place was 40-something. These aren't frivolous decurses either. Most of the ones before the Chromaggus fight are harmful fire debuffs, and it's absolutely essential to be on top of your decursing game against Chromie because if somebody gets five debuffs they turn into a dragonkin.

In defense of a lot of other players, some classes don't deal with debuffs at all, and others don't get as many as priests have to deal with. But the priest workload was pretty heavy last night and Clique came through with flying colors. Another priest without this add-on or (I suspect) any replacement for Decursive had a decurse count of four.