1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 1942

Discussion in 'PC/Console Gaming' started by Techie2000, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I got and love this game. Feels very realistic, and it is very enjoyable. However it seems that they need to update the awful net code. When playing with players that have a ping of 200+ it becomes unbearable, not that it isn't bad when a player has a ping of ~125. And when someone has 300+ then the game is impossible to play. The other problem is that there is a lack of teamwork on many servers. You go no any server and you get lots of people who camp for planes. Also there is lots of Team Killing if that is turned on. Even when it is turned off people will attack their own teams tanks and planes which makes the game not fun at all. On the flip side, one little mistake that harms or kills someone on your team and you get flamed to death in the chat...

However the games weapons and vehicles are diverse, and very nice. Easy to control, and I like how you can get into many different roles. It is a good game for huge LAN party with two teams on a giant 64 player map with a voice chat program being used, but ont he net, anything above 32 players is hard to find. The servers with more than 32 players tend to have more high pingers causing lag. Hopefully the 1.2 patch (which keeps getting pushed back) will fix a lot of the problems.

I give it an 8/10

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I loved the Demo but didn't like the game when I bought it.

Reminds me. I have two brand new copies of games, UT2003 and BF1942. It's time for a contest I think.