1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome deal for Nord VPN

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Biker, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Wish I could afford this as I'd jump on this deal in a heartbeat.

nordvpndeal.png

Yeah. You read it right. 75% off.

NordVPN

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Thanks, I jumped on that shit like a fly.

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

That's a nice deal. I'm paying $40 per year for PIA on an annual basis, and I just renewed in September. I have a Nighthawk running dd-wrt attached to the (main) FIOS router, and the PIA account is installed on the router, so I usually establish a wireless connection to the Nighthawk with whatever device I'm using at home.

But it's interesting to see who blocks VPN connections (e.g., Netflix, some of my kids' game servers).

4. Biker

Speaking of Nighthawk. Amazon had a wicked deal on 'em for $88 earlier today. Sadly, the deal is no longer in effect.

5. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Thank you for posting this. Looks like the deal is still good.

6. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Quick question from someone new to the world of VPN's. Would it help speed/performance if installed on a router rather than each individual device?

7. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

For most routers it will actually be the opposite, because routers strain under the workload of on-the-fly encryption. The measured speed through my VPN router is slower than that of the FIOS router, but still fast enough as to not make a difference unless I'm downloading a game or something like that.

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

How about one of these?

9. anajames

anajames Full Member

Does not affect speed much, i use it on my router and it works considerably well.

ethics likes this.
  10. anajames

anajames Full Member

5 Best VPN Deals and Coupons 2017
    (up to 87% discount)

Hey Guys! I hope you know that this month is the most awaited month for Shopaholic and deal grabber. Black Friday is celebrated a day after Thanksgiving day. Black Friday falls on the fourth Friday of November every year. And following that, we also have got the Cyber Monday. During these days, we can expect lumps of discounts, coupons, offers and cashback on almost all the industries.

Without wasting any time quickly check these awesome deals and get the most out it

Moreover, please your suggestion and comments about the deal also.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  11. Biker

PureVPN? Nope. It's in China. Too risky.
    CyberGhost? Nope. Uses CloudFlare and has SSL certificate issues.
    PrivateVPN? Nope. Hosted in a "Fourteen Eyes" country.
    Ivacy? Nope. Another China host.
    NordVPN? Still use them.

Not to mention, the linked website isn't exactly forthcoming with its affiliate links.

12. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

This is where the rubber meets the road as far as the gauge of VPN's. I've been using PIA for over 3 years now and I use it for NHL Streaming .... No degradation of speed. NordVPN? Massive slow down for HD content.