1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

autoplay videos

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by dsl987, Jul 29, 2017.

1. dsl987

dsl987 Member

OK so it seems as though every site now has to have auto play videos. Does anyone have recommendations for a blocker on Chrome?

Thanks

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I use FlashStopper. Don't know if there's one for Chrome or not.

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

My quick glance at the thread tile read Autopsy Videos. I thought we had reached a new low.

4. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Chrome supposedly blocks Flash, but doesn't do a great job. Most of the annoying sites seem to use HTML5 now

5. Arc

Arc Full Member

I hate what you describe but what's especially annoying to me is the delayed video on the tab still left open after you have moved to another site. Now while watching the current tabbed site somewhere, hidden, that damn audio-video starts playing out of sight on one of the other open tabs.

6. Biker

Disable HTML5 Autoplay

7. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Yeah I've already been trying that one out, it does stop some sites from playing although it still lets the video pop-up but it's on pause. There are still some sites that this will not block though.

Very frustrating.

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just plugged this in an went to my local online rag, and sure enough, their HTML5 videos that blare at volume 11 got right past it.

9. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I keep my computer speakers turned off until I go to a site where I want sound.

10. Biker

I would contact the author of that one, provide the sites that are able to bypass the addon and have him fix it.