1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto-subscribe to threads you post in

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by midranger4, Jan 8, 2003.

1. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Ethics,

Would it be possible to be *auto-subscribed* to a thread in which one posted?

I find myself failing to follow up on some threads on occasion because I fail to subsribe to the thread when I posted to it.

If this could be made a User Control Panel *option* only those who wish to use such functionality would activate the feature and see their post history via the User CP.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

In control panel, edit options, and select YES for:

Use 'Email Notification' by default?

Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

3. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

I saw that option and it does accomplish what I seek but not via the user CP, and you receive and email for EVERY new post in a thread.

I was hoping for a method to track my own posts local to the user CP. This is possible if one manually subscribes to any thread they post to.

Maybe a script could be attached to the create new thread, fast reply, and post reply functions that subscibes the poster to the current thread?

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I think what you can do is click on SEARCH button underneath your post. If will bring up all of the threads you have participated. The same icons for "read/unread" would apply and make your life a lot easier. :)