1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attention Londoners: Big Bobby is watching.

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Nov 3, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The eyes-in-the-sky imagery startled Perry de Havilland, who ran across one of the posters at a bus stop in his Chelsea neighborhood.

"I saw the bloody thing, and it boggled my mind, the sheer audacity of it," said de Havilland, who runs a blog on libertarian issues. "Basically what they're saying is that we're watching you and you should be happy about it."

I hear a lot about "disappearing rights" in the US and how the US Government watches us. With history of terrorism and the war with IRA in Britain, English folk are by far more monitored than the Americans.

Wired Story

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

That's true, and they're also the most widely-surveilled people in the entire world.

SM

3. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

We just leave that up to advertisers to track our every move. ie Browser cookies spyware blah, blah, blah.

Hell we had a guy kill 10 people in three weeks and they had no clue. The guy had to call on the phone and give them a bunch of clues to put 2 and 2 together.

4. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Pity it doesn't incite them to get a handle on the oral hygiene thing ;)

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

LOL!!!!!!

Well, what do you expect from a people who are proud to serve dishes named spotted dick for dessert?

SM