1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Astrology?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Steve, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Techie2000 asked, some time back, if there was much difference in believing in origins from an alien race versus origins from a supreme being.

Is worshiping Mork any different from worshiping God?

Well, how about astrology? Isn't this "planet worship", of a sort? Is the concept that the stars and planets can influence our lives any more kooky than the concept that praying to a higher being can influence our lives?

Are prayer and horoscopes two sides of the same coin, the power of suggestion?

2. IamZed

IamZed ...

They are both superstitious hokas pokas. On the one side our lives are controlled by chaos and the stars. On the other people want meaning and purpose.

3. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

If someone in here asks me my "sign" their dead. :haha:

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

So Cyd, what''s your sign, baby? ;)

Oh no... Aria alert... :Aria:

5. cdw

Well, if I was computer literate enough, I would go out, find a animated picture of a hand, with the middle finger going up and down... but, since I'm not....guess I'll have to wait for someone else to go and do it for me, lol.

Of course, I could have just posted one of those pictures of those huge guns you guys are talking about in the other thread, but I don't know how to do that either. Shit.
    rofl

6. ethics

7. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

"A touchstone to determine the actual worth of an "intellectual"- find out how he feels about astrology."
    - R. Heinlein

8. ethics

That could go both way though. For example, what if Heinlein believed in Astrology. ;)

9. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

That's what makes it such a great touchstone! ;)

10. ethics

LOL! Ok I get it. ;)

11. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

No need to ask cyd, by the sound of your posts and the vibes emmanating from them through cyber space I can tell that you must be an.....err.......let me see......a Scorpio! ;)

12. cdw

rofl Also blonde... I forgot all about that my birthday listed.

13. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

LOL.

I know what you mean about being asked what sign you are. I am not a fan of astrology either.

14. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Let's see... I'm a Scorpio, 75% Italian, have a section of the family that in my younger days we used to call the 'Brooklyn contingent', offers you can't refuse, anyone? ;)

Astrology is always listed as entertainment purposes only even though many people put great stock in it. Steve could address this with more accuracy but I believe it is very big in Asia. It can be called a belief system but I'm not sure I'm prepared to raise it to the status of an organized religion. I've got to give that a lot more thought.

15. cdw

oh, boy.. you really have it bad. :)

16. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Hey Cyd, Rocco and Guido want to know how many horse heads you want? ;)

17. melpomene

melpomene Banned

i love astrology.

people born around the same time of the year, definately have similar qualities.

18. cdw

Hey babe...watch it. I'm a scorpio. Everyone thinks it's the italians that thought that up.... it was one pissed off scorpio. :)

19. ethics

Welcome to the forum, Melpomene.

One question, in Astrology, I thought it was always looking for similar things that made this a viable and plausible entity and one that will make people believe?

20. melpomene

melpomene Banned

no i think its people's vanity in finding out good characteristics about themselves :cool: