1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article: Whipping Boy

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Nov 13, 2014.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Here's an awesome New Yorker piece about the indelible memory of being bullied:

Whipping Boy

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Wow, his bully wound up as a convicted felon? That's awesome.

One of my childhood bullies in Ohio is on the cleaning crew that scrubs a couple of McDonalds restaurants every night. I celebrate that revelation.

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

The story of that scam is excellent bonus material.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I'm not knocking on the rest but I never got that whole bully thing. In Ukraine after school people tried to beat up the Jew. That worked in the beginning when I didn't how what the hell. Once I did I made it extremely difficult for anyone to do that effectively.

Coming to the US during cold war I was a vet in this and rarely did people tried to try something after the first time.

I'm going to give credit to my dad. When he was on a sixth floor balcony setting down below me getting my bike taken away. I Ed elated when I saw him. "Dad look. He's taking my bike!!"

" And? Is he taking my bike or yours? Deal with it" I was more stunned by that answer than the neighborhood kid taking off with the bike. This was Ukraine I was 7 at the time. Ever since that day I've "dealt with it".