1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you Ready for some DeadMines?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, May 15, 2006.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Aye, good times, I did manage to hit 19 once I flew up to Lakeshire and did some gnoll hunting.
    I can always head back to the north shore and farm that map.

I managed to somehow not let you all die, despite some of your Herculean efforts in trying.. :rofl:

Ethics, guild mats in the mail from tonights collections. :)

And it's cool to have us all ready to go take down Van Cleef.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I am currently leveling 1 and a 1/2 characters. My own and my wife's due to her time constraints. So... Ethicus is 18 and Oplya is 17. Both will be 20 by the weekend. :)

3. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I had some tricks up my sleave in that department. I tossed quite a few heals around, including healing your but once when you somehow managed to let your own health drop to a mere sliver. I also bubbled a few people and kept my lay on hands and three oversized health potions at the ready.

I only looked like I was suicidal. It takes a lot to kill a paladin. If I die it is usually because I suffered from tunnel vision and did not notice my own health bar. Our group was perfect last night allowing for some risk taking, and with our opponents last night it took 5-6 on 1 to have risk.

One of my favorite moments last night was a make-shift Benny Hill chase scene immitation when I got some murlocks to cahse me around one of their huts three times without laying a hand on me. I could hear the music from the show in my mind as we went 'round and 'round. :lol: I just wish I had had Fraps for that. Would have made a funny video clip.

4. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

I had a great time! Thanks everyone.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep.. I plead insanity on that one..

I was somehow still focused on you or Todd when I was trying to shield and heal myself as I was running from all the crabs that didn't like me healing you guys.. and fade seemed to not affect their attitude or appetite.:rofl: (good lessons learned last night on my part)

This am I toyed around with Discord Unit Frames, and now can actually see everything in a party as opposed to the crappy default bars and suchnot.

6. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Ummm...just for the record, what addons should we be running when we go ahead and run this instance?

7. Brazbit

Whatever tickles yer fancy. Ima no' gonna be runnin' anythin' meself. Straight nekkid Deadmine's run. Hoorah.

8. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

In multi-mob situations your heals might aggro one or more mobs that haven't been touched by anybody else. If that's the case hitting Fade will still leave you at the top of their hate lists. There's nothing you can do except hope that one of your more melee-minded teammates does something to draw their attention away from you, though I guess you can make sure that your friends are aware of your delicate situation.

The tank has to get the attention of every mob early in the fight, by hitting them and/or using those multi-mob threat generation skills that warriors have, though I profess ignornace at what those are at the teen levels.

And always make sure Inner Fire is up at the beginning of the fight.

Brian

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep, thats kinda what happened aggro wise.. (autobuff innerfire ftw to ;))

There were a few areas we had tons of low level crabs running around, was really no big deal up until the point I screwed up and was trying to shield Braz instead of myself while running around with my elf ears on fire.:rofl:

Shh.. they really don't know it yet, but that was the first time ever I was the healer for a party, so I'm still trying to get my mindset adjusted for 100% defense and holding off the urge to whack or cast on something as opposed to offense/offtank when solo or running a different toon.

Coot, addon wise, it's strictly your call as to what you like.

Myself, I'm an addon freak, the more I can use the better, but that's me.

I only picked up DUF so I can see the party frames and healthbars much bigger and bolder now.:D

10. Coot

I can tell you from experience that if you are the main healer and the group is loaded up with casters (clothies), you are going to risk damaging your manna gland. :D

11. SixofNine

I sometimes get off an offensive spell, but in the most difficult instances I'm lucky to get off a SW : Pain. Now that I'm a holy priest, if the situation is right I might jump into the middle of a slobberknocker and do my Mage Lite impression by spamming Holy Nova, which hurts mobs, heals allies, and doesn't generate aggro.

My priest couldn't live without Discord's DUF, DAB, and GB. DUF and DAB let me shrink and move objects to maximize the visible playing field while staying leaving time-critical functions easy to reach.

Curious sort that I am, I wanted to easily see the race, class, and guild affiliation of party members and friendly targets. A couple of tweaks in DUF and my perverse interests are satisified. :) (I usually have my camera so zoomed out that I can't easily see the guild names floating above toons' heads)

These three add-ons started out as healer helpers, but I think they're popular with all classes now. They have some cool support for shapeshifters and pets, too.

Brian

12. Brazbit

I was tryin' last night. Being a paladin my options are limited. Being an engineer gives me more options but everytime I would go to light off a bomb and lock in a crowd elfboy would cast a spell and the entire crowd would vacate the area. This limited me to running around trying to bop the little buggers over the head as the elfboy danced around in his skirts... err robe.

13. Brazbit

I was just informed about some confusion over when I yelled out "STOP SHOOTIN' ME IN T'A HEAD!!!" last night. There was one incident where Chetaris was shooting Murlocks and I was bonking them on t'a head and Chetaris's gun was goin' in my left ear an' t'a gun blasts were goin; out ma right. It caused a serious ringin' in me ears and wot not. Sorry if I confused anyone.

14. SixofNine

LMAO! Kudos to you, holy warrior, for taking the tank role. If my undead memory serves correctly, the only classes with built-in abilities to aggravate a crowd are warriors and druids.

15. Coot

That was a necessity, me psychotic dwarven friend. Had I not done that, the screeching of the owl would have had you wettin' yer knickers and we couldn't be taking a timeout for you to go change. :)

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You obviously haven't seen Braz charging full tilt into a fray using the ancient art of Drunken Dwarven style shouting "For Loch Modan!!"

That pretty much aggrivates any mob..:lol:

17. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Plus the rogue tends to annoy them also. Something about twin swords.

I think I am the only rogue in WoW that hates daggers and backstab. Give me two very long swords any day!!!!

18. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

On both Alliance and Horde sides...:)

19. SixofNine

He's not psychotic, he's drunk. He'll be sober in the morning, the psychos will be crazy forever. :D

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In the area of Westfall..

I found yet one more minor quest late last night that requires a trip here..

It's from the City Architect in Stormwind (next to the cathedral and orphanage)

He just wants you to go down to his family farm and retrieve an item from the burned out farmhouse. At lvl 19, it is green for me, but I'm going to knock it out tonight when I go back and try to get that damned treasure map. (Say map! Say map!)