1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You On at Work

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ShinyTop, Nov 19, 2002.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Are You On at Work?

Last week I attempted to get the record for most people on at one time in the evening. Turned out to be a total bust. Since then I have observed that many more are on and the forum is much livelier during morning and afternoon hours. My conclusion is we are basically cheating our bosses since this time is traditionally time we are at work. Am I wrong? Is this an indication of how many us are laid off like myself?

So, where are you logging in from, work or home, and how about a percentage. This is not scientific and just for curiosity. But. please, if you have been so silly to let your boss know about this forum and he/she knows your moniker, please make no confession that could do you harm.

An no, I will not suggest another record breaking. Shudder. I took a beating on that one.

To start it off, I am 100% logging in from home but I did login from work before my lay off.

2. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I am always on at work. I go online at home maybe 4 or 5 times a year.

The nature of my job is very "jerky", so sometimes I find myself with long stretches of intense concentrated work, and other times not much else to do but sit and think and post.

3. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I would say that 95% of the time, I'm logged in from work.

At night and weekends, I spend the majority of time with my wife and baby girl.

Do I feel I'm cheating my employer? No.

I'm a 100% commissioned sales rep and only get paid when I sell. If I'm spending time on here instead of talking to my customers, then it's me that I'm hurting.

Now, it could be argued that if I spent the time talking to my customers that I spend on here, then my sales would be higher and my company would make more money. Theoretically, that may be true. However, the reality is that my sales are up 80% YTD so I think that my time management skill are acceptable and I'm doing exactly what I'm employed to do.....and then some. (My goal for the year was to be up 10%)

4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

For the record, I did not mean to attack those who get on from work. A ten minute break an hour is often conducive to more productivity. I know, many years ago I used to justify smoke breaks. :)

5. Domh

Domh Full Member

im on at work from 9-5pm EST M-F, and then from home 6-9pm EST every day but thursday.

i never login on sunday - thats time with girlfriend.

saturdays on and off from home maybe 10-4.

;)

6. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

I am on both at home and at work. I work on several long term projects, and I often find myself waiting on others to provide me with information. This past month or so has been very slow for me, so I have more time than usual to post. Believe it or not, I still do get a lot of work done. :)

7. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I'm on at home. School is 7:00-3:00 between getting to the bus, the bus ride itself, and any after school clubs...

8. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

work and/or home here.

I telecommute occasionally and when in the office usually have the browser minimized and take quick looks when the barbarians are no longer at my desk seeking my head on a stick.

9. Domh

Domh Full Member

*sigh*

I would give my leftnut to be riding a schoolbus everyday again.

:(

10. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

On at 5AM til 6Am weekdays then shower and work.
    On at 12:30PM til 1:pM (my lunch)
    4PM til 10PM
    I share the computer with my wife in the evenings, but generally get my way. I go to bed at 10PM and she takes over the computer the rest of the night.

11. Pyrion

Pyrion Liquid Metal Nanomorph

I am unemployed and loving it. I think I spend the better part of twelve hours a day on the computer, browsing forums mostly. :)

12. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Usually from home. Sometimes when we go to a friend's house (aka, gaming party for hubby and his friends), I log on from their computer. When I was taking classes 2 semesters ago, I would log in from school during a break - usually after eating some lunch - to pass the time away on days I didn't have homework or any reading.

13. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Work from home, so the only boss I'm cheating is me!! (But I certainly admit to being here sometimes when I should be doing other things...) ;)

14. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

At home and a bit at work when I can manage it. But with my time zone my nights are your very early mornings with the US being approx 16hrs behind OZ time.

15. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

I work from home, but my job is such that I can switch from that to here and back without it affecting anything.