1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apples Conference Monday

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Jun 7, 2009.

1. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Oh, Apple, why do you taunt us?

My iPhone made it to Kentucky early this morning, but UPS tracking now says "hold."

Obviously, when they say 6/19 is the day, it means that even if they've got them ready to deliver, they're going to hold them until 6/19.

Oh well.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

3. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

You can sell you current iPhone 3G on this site for a little over $200. That would pay for the increased cost of the new iPhone 3GS if you are still under contract. ;)
  4. Domh

Domh Full Member

Another good way to dump a current iPhone is eBay in Europe. They can not get the newest for awhile and are very willing to unlock and jailbreak.

I made a small profit selling my first gen iPhone to a German lass if memory serves...

(cue Leon using search function)

5. joseftu

It is here!!!

(Will have a 3G for sale very soon, if anyone is interested. I'll give a special discount to GA members. Just IM me).
  6. tke711

I thought you were giving the 3G to your daughter?
  7. joseftu

Ah, I was--but hers that was stolen was recovered (the thief--another kid--stole about 30 cell phones and a lot of cash from girls' bags in the locker room during gym, but tried to sell the phones around school. So she got caught and a lot of the phones were returned). So now I've got an extra one.
  8. tke711

Glad they caught the kid!

If someone doesn't take you up on your offer here, and you want an easy way to sell it, check out this site.
  9. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Talk to Coot. He was expressing interest in one the other day.
  10. joseftu

The prediction was that they would sell about 500,000 of the new 3GS just in the first weekend.

That prediction was much too low. Over a million in the first weekend, and six million downloads of the new software. Eek!

(Coot, I'm going to wait a while before selling--but I'll let you know, if you're still interested.)
  11. tke711

My first complaint with iPhone OS 3.0. The Shake-to-shuffle option is a little too sensitive. I have my iPhone in a dash mount when driving and yesterday when I went home simple bumps in the road would cause me to shuffle.

It was actually kind of funny, yet annoying enough that I've now turned that feature off.
  12. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I have tried the new phone and DAMN it's MUCH faster!
  13. tke711

Cool....one year to go. ;)
  14. joseftu

Much, much, faster. Really noticeable and a pleasure (and there are rumors that there are software/firmware updates in the works that will make it faster still).

The new camera is also a huge improvement--sharp and beautiful, and the video is better than cycorder ever was.

But I thought they also promised improvements in battery life. I haven't seen any sign of that. Oh well!
  15. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Held out until the evening of 24th. But still on backorder on the 27th. Drank the kool aid, bit the bullet ...

Cases anyone? I am leaning to the Incase Slider or naked (the iPhone, not me).
  16. tke711

Congrats ST!!!!

I have belt case (incase) that I use occationally, but mostly the phone is naked.
  17. joseftu

18. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Congratulations! I just threw one of those Incipio skins on mine. When I first bought it I window-shopped like crazy for belt clips and holsters, but I soon realized that with its size any pocket was just fine. I'm usually in a dress shirt at work and its a perfect fit for that type of shirt pocket.
  19. Domh

Domh Full Member

The glass is optical grade and can not be scratched by anything softer than a diamond, true tale. I regularly get a kick out of dragging my keys all over the face of my phone in front of noobs.

The back is plastic and will get scratched up by everything, but so what? That just gives it a kick-ass Boba Fett look which makes you even more bad-ass.

The phone is so slick and so thin... don't put a case on it. The ONLY reason for a case is if you really intend to sell and need to keep it pristine.

The other reason may be if you are fumble fingers. The back is smooth as hell and can slide out of your hand and in to the toilet while you are taking a leak.
  20. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I really hesitate to ask but it needs to be known, what app are you using while you are holding your johnson?