1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apples Conference Monday

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Jun 7, 2009.

1. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Nice Joe...you officially win the King Geek award! :)

Looking forward to hearing what you think about it.
  2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Would you experienced iPhone users share links that have the best tips and tricks for the iPhone?
  3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Steve Jobs's pancreas is coming to your house to kiss you on the lips. :D
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Best part about it is that you don't need any nuances. The tips and tricks thread is probably the best but with the new OS coming, I am sure all of those tricks will be intuitive.
  5. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

I was really, really, tempted. Then my daughter's phone got stolen yesterday (probably deserves a separate MOAB thread. Somebody went into the girl's locker room at her school while all the kids were in gym and just cleaned them out. Something like 30 kids had their bags pillaged. Outrageous.)

So I had the excuse--she can have my old iPhone, so I won't buy her a new phone and can fool myself that I'm actually saving money, and she'll be thrilled to have a 3G iPhone of her own! Then I found two checks for some extra work I did last semester that I had thought were never going to come, and had almost given up on, waiting for me at the payroll office.

And I really want to be King Geek! ;)
  6. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Well I did it. Picked up a 13" Macbook Pro, got my free iPod Touch. They processed my educational discount right in the Apple Store. Everything worked great until my car wouldn't start as I was attempting to leave. I'll have a detailed review tomorrow sometime, but so far I think this Mac thing is living up to the hype.
  7. tke711

Congrats Matt!!!
  8. joseftu

I think the car not starting is definitely the fault of Apple!

Congrats...I think you'll love it.

(I just ordered 475 of those 13" MacBook Pros. Not for me, of course! ;))
  9. tke711

There he goes....wasting tax payer dollars again...

10. joseftu

Oh, yes. Laptop computers for college students, a big waste of money!

(Hey, Techie, take a look at this--you don't have to take your new laptop apart--it's already been done for you!)
  11. ethics

12. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Next thing you know, he'll be telling us he jump started the car with the Macbook. :geek:
  13. ShinyTop

14. tke711

It is when you could have got 13" Windoz laptops at a fraction of the cost. ;)

You know I'm just kidding you right....that's very cool!
  15. joseftu

Yes, I know you're kidding (and you don't know what price I got on those MacBooks, and I'm not allowed to say. ;)). And I know we're off-topic!

Back on topic, I'm glad I pre-ordered from Apple. It's promised for delivery "by June 19," and if it doesn't arrive on time, I'm going to be doing some screaming and yelling, that's for sure!
  16. tke711

And you didn't get me one? ;)

I'm surprised that the pre-orders for the new iPhone sold out already. I knew it would sell well, it always has, but didn't figure the new phone would be that hot. Good for Apple.
  17. ethics

What I didn't calculate in is how willing people are willing to dump their 3G's and extend their contracts to AT&T for another 2 years.

What recession?
  18. joseftu

People on the AppleInsider Forums who pre-ordered the 3GS are saying they got tracking numbers from Apple this morning.

But I did not! (not yet). It still says "delivery by June 19." If it doesn't come, and I could have just gone to the store but pre-ordered instead, I'm going to be pretty upset!
  19. joseftu

Well, it arrived in Anchorage, Alaska (from China) two hours ago. I'm guessing it will be in my hands on Thursday! (Can you tell I'm obsessively checking the UPS tracking? ;)).

Heh. Just found out that I'm not the only obsessive. Guys on the AppleInsider and HowardForums are actually tracking the UPS plane as it makes its way from Anchorage to Kentucky. I'm glad I'm not that obsessive! but it's been in the air for 32 minutes and has 5 hours and 22 minutes left. Just saying.
  20. ShinyTop

Hehe, was going to ask you what you handle on Howard Forums was. 40 days til Verizon contract end!