1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone playing?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Send 'em an email asking how to cancel. :lol:

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

3. ethics

Heh, I forgot to redeem my code when I bought it... What a boob.

4. Biker

:doh1:

5. ethics

6. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

SWTOR announced on Facebook that the second wave of early access email invitations have gone out. My wife just texted my that the CE just got delivered, too. I'll probably nose around sometime this weekend but will usually be hunkered down studying for a final exam on Monday. :(

7. ethics

That's fine. Considering no one is actively playing here yet. I will be doing some scoping around for a decent server, we will see how that goes.

8. Biker

Cancelled my pre-order last night. As soon as I have something that can play it, I'll be on. **sigh**

9. ethics

Just got my code for early access, so will be diving in tonight. I'm not sure what or where or whatever yet, but at leat it gives me something to look around in.

10. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Both Braz and I are in but haven't gotten to play much. and don't know how much we will get to play. We are moving our office and starting to work out of our homes *YAY* by the end of the year. So we will be swamped. Let us know what server and what side you go to and we will try and drop by

11. ethics

Ok, EMPIRE on RUBIC something. It's an East Coast and pretty empty so far. Also RP server.

Let me kmow if this works for people. Imperial Agent named Leon

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So for real, what does your queue time look like on that server over the weekend?

I ask because I work with 3 players that got in on day 1 and were all in separate pre-made guilds forced onto a server with 2-5 hour queues right from the start, 2 of the 3 have already given up on their guilds and left for other servers that they can actually log into in a reasonable amount of time, the 3rd is just going to wait until the mad rush cools off..

Peeking at the forums I see that the rage is at epic levels regarding queues on an early release for a small number of players, I really can't imagine the full-blown nuclear assault once actual release day hits.

I myself finally caved and placed my order with Amazon over the weekend, and it should be here by next weekend, and still not planning on seriously devoting any time until I can see that the server I (we) eventually choose is not that bad for a queue wait time.

I also setup my nifty iPhone security app just now, that was pretty painless.

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Btw..

Nice server status page available from them

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Reminds me of the Rift release where more than 3/4 were flat out full this time of night. lol

14. ethics

I logged in about 11AM today and no queue. I can't predict what it will be like on launch day though.
    So far, I wasn't blown away until the friggin space missions. WOW! What an awesome cool addition to the game. It's like a game within a game. Great stuff.

15. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks..

btw.. this is the 2nd time they've done this sort of thing with their emails (first was my fanfare beta access announcement/acceptance that said in the ultra fine print I didn't actually have access yet)

I just got an email regarding early access stating "YOUR WAIT IS OVER CLICK HERE TO START PLAYING NOOOWWWWW!!!!eleven1"

Clicked through the click-through-hell and it took me right back to where I need to enter the actual code from the box I don't have yet....

16. ethics

FWIW, I just tried to log in and no queue. I was off for about 2 hrs prior so this is a good indication.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So, who the heck is where and with what name?

I have Stilgaardius on Rubick's Cube Empire side, and I've so far only found Ethicus and Kaylin No other names mentioned here I can find as an active toon

Over Santa weekend I started Stilgaard on Wall Of Light as a Republic Scoundrel and only found Brazish, same boat there, can't find other names listed here as existing there.

Not too happy with the Scoundrel, kinda wishing I went Gunsliner as he's pretty damned weaksause with one blaster and a couple of heals, and I barely got through the lvl 15 class quest to take out an elite to get my ship back. I mainly wanted to get to the point I get my ship and will probably go back to my Sith Assassin on Rubat.

18. ethics

Not playing as much as I have some rl issues that need priority.

19. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

Thought I saw a Stilgaardius going running by me the other day. Look for Krovotha Andy, my 18 dark lady Marauder...loving being completely evil with her :)

Jerry

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sounds good. I did manage to scope out a brazbit/brazish toon too but it looks like be hasnt been on in a while as it is a low level still.
    Protip even though you cant see a level or class on a friend when offline, it will breifly show class/lvl when you add it to your list, you have to be quick to see it.
    Ive also been playing an agent/sniper named Stilgaardamus, lvl 16 just got my ship last night.
    Hands down i love the agent storyline the best so far.