1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone having issues logging in here?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Aug 7, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

And navigating around?

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

You still having issues?

3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

OK here.

4. ethics

No, but trying to see if anyone else is.

5. ethics

So just 3 people?

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Haven't tried anything other than Tapatalk which works fine.

7. ethics

Tapatalk still doesn't for me. I may reinstall it and see if that helps.

8. tke711

Just tried logging in from Safari. While it worked, I got a "page not found" error message when I used my bookmark and after login. It's an error message on the forum though, not a 404 error.

[​IMG]

9. ethics

Yeah I get that one a lot. Among others.

10. Biker

Clear your cache. It's possible that it's trying to bypass the rewrite rule that points to the proper path.

11. tke711

Still had the problem after clearing cache, but I think I found the problem.

My bookmark was set to http://www.globalaffairs.org/forum/ which is when I would get the error. I changed the bookmark to just
    Code:
    http://www.globalaffairs.org/
    and I no longer see the error I posted above.

12. Biker

**grumble** Lemme go dig again. That should have automatically sent you to the right page.

13. Biker

OK. I think I have it now. If you continue to have issues, please show the URL that you tried to go to.

tke711 likes this.
  14. Allene

Allene Registered User

Been unable to get on for the past few days, and assumed we'd been hacked again. It's working okay right now. Haven't changed the password yet. This house only has a tiny little Sprint Hotspot for a router. It needs frequent rebooting, so I'm waiting until next Tuesday or Wednesday when we'll be in a house with a real router before I try changing my password.

15. ethics

Anddddd this is what I meant, Tom.

16. Biker

There are 30 bajillion ways to do the same exact thing in .htaccess. Just have to find the right bloody one. Think we finally have it at this point.

ethics likes this.
  17. ethics

Cool. Thanks.

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dont know what you did this time, but I havent been logged out of my session every single time I open the forum on my iphone in over a week.
    ( Coincidentally I havent seen the goddamned taptalk popup every time either!)

Thank you for returning what little sanity I have left.

19. Biker

Well that's not good. I'll have to see what I can do to fix that. :yellowlaugh:

20. Biker

Leon, can you test your Tapatalk installation again please? Don't know if the default mod_security rules were causing issues or not (because it was working fine for me when I tested), but the updated rule set definitely was. I've tweaked a bit under the hood and it should be OK now.