1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have any info on the Epson 960?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Misu, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I am in the market for a new printer. Been researching like crazy all sorts of printers, and today while researching the Epson 925, which I almost bought yesterday while at Best Buys, found the Epson 960. It has received much higher ratings on Amazon.com, and seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

It's got the 7 ink system that I wanted which up until now only professional printers had. It's got the roll-paper adapter and cd/dvd-printing capabilities which are extremly cool. It's got the individual ink tank system which I want. It does not have all the card readers and writers and screens which I did not want. But I cannot find a retailer near my area that physically has the printer so that I can print up some test sheets and see the results myself.

So far the reviews I've read (the amazon ones) all say this is a great printer. And at 350 bucks, it better be. I don't want to spend this money and find out I could have gotten the same results from a 150 dollar printer, you know? I am upgrading my old printer which I've had for the last 9 years, so spending the 350 isn't a problem if I get exactly what I want out of the printer.

Anyone know of this printer, or know of a site that reviews printers? Can't find any, and I've searched all the digital photography sites I visit. HELP!

2. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Hey Misu...heres some stuff I found..

#1REVIEW . click on the read reviews section

#2 REVIEWED ..read the review..questionable

#3 MORE REVIEWING ..looks like Amazon likes it better

#4 LAST ONE for you to check out..

but b4 you buy...heres one last LINK for you to check out. Looks like the Cannon and HP's are right up there too..

I don't know as there is a clear cut winner in this category...They all look really great.

hope this helps.

3. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Don't know that printer but I buy nothing but epson printers. They print great. I just bought a low end c62 this past weekend and it's great. Was 99 bucks at best buy and had a 20 dollar rebate. Good luck with your printer if you do get it. One thing about epson I noticed from owning them is the ink is a little pricey.

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Thanks guys. I think the epson is the way to go, but Alf is thinking it's too expensive..s *sigh* Also, I don't know if I'll be able to find the catridges easily in store, or if I'll have to order them from epson (which would suck because I'd have to pay for shipping).

I must do more research I suppose *SIIIIGH* thanks again all :)