1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Skiers here???

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by mrRT, Dec 12, 2002.

1. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Well in my quest for another awesome gift for my fiancee Sandy, I am in an area that I know very little about (duh...like thats a first for me..hehehehe)

Anyway...Sandy is an awesome downhill skier. Me, well I did some awhile back and that old blown-out knee of mine (must be getting older cause it never used to bother me..) just couldn't take it. So now when we go skiing, I hang in the lodge or go out and about while she has a grand time on the slope.

One of the things she was complaining about was her ski poles. So I figured I would get her a new set. Well not as easy as it sounds, without directly measuring her. Anyway I found a good set of Scott poles (well I think they're good..:) ...)
    and just wanted to know what you skiers think of them.

I got them at REI online
    heres the LINK .

You think these are any good???

any help as always appreciated.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The only time I went skiing was not for skiing. ;)

3. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

<i>Disclaimer - I am not a skier!</i>

What was her complaint about the ones she has? If it wasn't the length, perhaps measuring the ones she has would give you a clue in that respect. As far as the quality of what you've chosen, I'm not qualified to offer an opinion there, other than to say that REI generally seems to have a good reputation for quality of their products in general.

4. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

The lighter the pole, the better. And actually, any skier will tell you that they don't really NEED the poles, if they are a good skier. When I used to ski in Colorado, I would see 6 and 7 year olds swooshin the slopes without poles at all, because they had used the center of balance theory, whatever that is. LOL I always needed poles. BUt, I know they must be lightweight.

5. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Problem was she lent them to him...and they got wrecked...and now he "doesn't know where they are".....hehehehehhe

how convient... ;)

glad to hear that REI is a decent place to order from.. I guess that in itself is helpful info

thanks

6. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

get her a nice set of <A HREF="http://www.goode.com/skipolemodel.html">adjustable carbon fiber ski poles</A> :)