1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any skiboarders/snowbladers here?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Scott, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

i was in Vermont skiing last weekend, and saw a few people riding skiboards. those things look fun as hell to ride!!!! i was just wondering if anyone here has a pair of these. i'm going to buy a pair within the next 2 to 3 weeks, and just need some info on what's good and what's not. i need something that can hold up to a very abusive riding style----i ski like i just escaped from a mental hospital :) LOL.

and, do you use regular ski boots with them? or do i need to shell out for a new pair?

2. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

This site will tell all you ask. (and no, I ski but don't snow/skiboard). http://www.skiboards.com/

3. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Scott, There are quite a few sufers in Oz who spend some time each year in the snow country riding snow boards. I used to surf but never tried it on the snow. According to those who do and by the look of the actions used in snow boarding, there are a lot of similarities with wave riding. You are referring to boards plural I see. However it is often done with one wide board about 5 feet long, Ski boots are needed I believe. If it is as similar to wave riding as it looks then I can tell you it would be a lot of fun.
    Go for it.
    Maybe you could get some tips on equipment and technique at Surf, Dive and Ski, an Oz retail outlet.

www.skd.com.au

Enjoy.:)

4. Scott

no. no.......:) it's a newer sport----like rollerblading on the snow. it's basically two VERY short skis that have both the front and back tips raised so you can ride backwards and forwards. i went to my local ski spot and asked a few of my friends up there, and a few of their friends were into the sport.

<A HREF="http://www.greekpeak.net/lineskiboards.html">here's</A> a page on skiboarding, if you're interested. after talking to a few people, i decided on buying a pair of Line Weapon's. they're last years model, but i liked them and found a killer deal on them on Ebay. they should be here next week :):).

5. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

OK. I see what you are referring to now.:)

6. Scott

here's a pic of them. remember----they're only 94CM long ;). i'll be in the hospital very soon, because the only thing stopping me from attempting flips on my ski's was the length of them.

E-R here i come!!!!:nut: rofl

7. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Just avoid the skull hitting the rocks Scott.
    Thanks for the pic.

8. Scott

I got 'em :)

i received my new Line skiboards in the mail today :). i was hoping for some good weather so i could try them out, but it's raining here in NJ. these are some quality skis!! i gave them the thorough twice-over, and i can say that the craftsmanship is top notch. the bindings are all aluminum, so i don't think i'll be breaking these. i have broken a few bindings on my regular skis----damn plastic.....

i like the built in rail grind notches too. they're good for a noob to grinding like i am :).

BTW, these things measure a whopping 37" from tip to tip. glade skiing here i come!! i used to hate flying through the trees on my long skis and getting a tip hung up on a tree. it can be quite painful....LOL. now i can probably get down double black diamond mogul hills a little easier too.

9. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

You must be itching to get out there and try them Scott. Damn rain eh.