1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any reservists here?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Robert Harris, Dec 5, 2002.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

There may be some active duty in a warm place in your future.

Excerpt
    Pentagon to Call Thousands of Reservists - NY Times
    By REUTERS

Filed at 5:03 a.m. ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Pentagon plans to mobilize thousands of National Guard and Reserve troops in the next several days to fill military jobs that would be key in the event of a U.S. war with Iraq, The New York Times reported on Thursday, citing Defense Department officials.

More:
    http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/news/news-iraq-usa-reserves.html

2. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

I heard this this morning, Bob. You going?

3. Robert Harris

I would go if I were 30 or 40 years younger. At my current age and given my physical condition, though, they would have to provide me with a walker and probably a seeing eye dog. But I might settle for a nice WAC assistant on call 24 hours per day to meet any pressing needs.

But I'll be happy to wave a goodbye to the boys as they leave.

4. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

WAC= Women in Armed Combat? ???

5. Robert Harris

Nope. Woman's Army Corps, I believe, unless they have changed it since my youth.

6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Robert, they disbanded the WAC decades ago. They are now just part of the regular Army. Same for the old WAVES.

I retired in 1994 from the reserves. I was given a date to report in the Gulf War but it was over so soon they canceled my orders.

7. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

These days the closest you're likely to get is a DAC...Department of the Army Civilian.

Wow, calling up reservists...kind of a big step. I need to find out if the GRREGs and VA hospitals have been alerted...

SM

8. Robert Harris

I don't care about organizational affiliation, as long as it is a young, attractive female. Hell, I'll even take a Republican if she is obedient.:)

9. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

LOL!!!!! The Army's full of 'em...Republicans, that is. Not necessarily attractive females.

SM