1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any M2 Bradley Drivers Here?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sierra Mike, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I need some info on the M2/M3. :)

SM

2. jamming

jamming Banned

What? I been in them several times. I drove one once around a training area, because I conned someone I knew. I sat and drove from the driver's Coffin, why?

3. Sierra Mike

Really? Cool...who opens the troop ramp in the back, the dismounts or one of the crew? And if it's in the back, where's the switch?

SM

4. jamming

jamming Banned

Now I don't know if there is a Switch in the Driving Compartment, because when I was driving it I had other things on my mind like not hitting the markers outside. But there is a Ramp Switch near the door, I remember in a ride along it was the Vehicle Commander that ordered the ramp to drop, whether he did that himself or commanded the driver I am unaware.

I am including an interior layout, the switch is on the back rear driverside wall, if I remembering correctly. Wait while I try to confirm the existance of others.

5. jamming

jamming Banned

Sorry can't get ahold of my friend today, maybe tomorrow.

6. Sierra Mike

Yeah, I found that site too. :) Funny how after all those years in the Army, I haven't clue of what some things, even though I've sat in a Bradley on occasion.

(Then ran out, because you never know what kind of ballistics those things will attract.)

SM

7. jamming

jamming Banned

Well you really don't think about it at the time, but I bet you would know if you were a dismount.

8. Sierra Mike

Oh, very true. I was happy in just being able to recognize how to enter the damn thing. I did want to fire the gun, though--would be cool to fire a big caliber chaingun that didn't jam all the time. :)

SM

9. jamming

jamming Banned

I believe the reasons it doesn't is the lower ROF than your chaingun. Oh and the AH-1Z Supercobra just got rated for 400 flight hours between overhauls, something only a Rotohead can appreciate.

10. Sierra Mike

400 hours between phases or a zero-time? Not that it matters, since it's a USMC a/c...I thought those guys tore their ships apart all the time, due to corrosion damage.

SM

11. jamming

jamming Banned

12. Sierra Mike

Aha...400 hours of prototype test time. I see. Damn, it's only been flying since 2000? I thought it was fielded already!

My next silly question is what's the spacing when walking in a ranger file? Three meters or four?

I really need to drag out my old field manuals. Clearly, infantry was never my gig.

SM

13. jamming

jamming Banned

US Army has some of FM55 online somewhere, but I can't remember where just do a search for it in .PDF format and maybe you will find them.