1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Good Recipes For Buffalo Wings?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Valkyre, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Valkyre

Valkyre Crazy Viking Woman

I'm looking for some good Buffalo Wing recipes. The hotter and spicier the better. Thanks in advance. :)

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Oh, you are in for some good recipes! ;)

3. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I didn't know Buffalo had wings...

4. ethics

Come on, no one has a good recipe for something like this?

5. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

i hope someone has a recipe for wings-----i'd like it too :).

6. IamZed

IamZed ...

I know if you like them hot the heat can be provided by Daves Insanity sauce. I just had a super killer buffalo wing meal and that was the secret ingredient.

7. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

that stuff is awesone :). i also have a sauce i bought in New Orleans----it's aptly named "the hottest f***ing sauce".

i put 3 drops in a bowl of soup, and it added quite a bit of fire to it ;).

8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Not seeing any answers I will suggest that Applebee's are very flavorful. A few years ago I would have said they don't have enough heat but my metabolism has changed and they are now hot enough for me!

The flavor I like is tangy, a vinegar tangy, that makes your first bite cause a slight intake of breath. Wish I could give you their recipe. Widh I knew their recipe.

9. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

24 chicken wings
    1/2 Cup oil
    1/4 Cup red wine or tarragon vinegar
    1 tsp Tobasco sauce
    1 tsp. garlic salt
    1 Cup bleu cheese dressing * see bottom recipies...
    celery sticks for dipping

Can use any hot sauce instead of ***tabasco...
    I recommend Frank's Hot Sauce.

Mix oil, vinegar, ***Tobasco sauce [can substitute any Hot Sauce here] and garlic powder. Marinate wings for at least 1 hour. Bake wings at 400F for 20 minutes. Pour off any liquids. Baste with marinade and broil until brown (5-10 minutes.) Turn over; baste and broil again. Serve with celery sticks and bleu cheese dressing. For a sweeter sauce, add Brown Sugar to marinade.

SPICY BLUE CHEESE SAUCE:
    8 ounces ranch style dressing
    1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

In a small bowl mix together all ingredients. Using celery sticks serve with chicken wings.

or,

Blue Cheese Dressing:
    2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
    1/4 cup buttermilk
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    1/4 lemon, juiced, or to taste
    Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper

In a small bowl, combine blue cheese, buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.

Yield: 1 cup

10. ethics

Bruzzes to the rescue!!!!
    WOOT!

11. IamZed

IamZed ...

I was born in Buffalo. Buffalo wings were invented right here.

12. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

A little known fact...

At 5 yrs old I was helping my father a Cleveland Policeman do clambakes and cater small parties (side job). At 10 I worked for my brother who catered parties at a huge Hall. At 19 I was a cook in the US Navy, an officers steward and personal cook for the Captain of two ships. At 24 I was a Baker for the Arabica Coffee shops.

Ironic that a skinny 120lb guy is such a good cook huh...

13. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

Marinate overnight in 'red hot'.
    Put wax paper on a cookie sheet.
    Put wings on wax paper.
    Bake at 450 until done. (about a half hour)

14. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

I make wings all the time but do it by taste and eye. Everyone loves them so I must be doing something right.

I buy the big package of frozen wings and let them defrost or buy the huge fresh wings and cut them at the joints. Then I deep fry them in a deep fryer. Then in a large frying pan I melt one stick of butter. I add to that a generous amount of RedHot sauce. It gives it that slightly sweet but hot flavor. Then I add tabasco to flame it up a bit. I add the wings to the pan and let them saut a little then remove them to a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for like 20 minutes or so in a 400 degree oven till crispy and not dry.

Ok for the dip. I can't eat sharp kind of cheeses so i've come up with my own dip that seems to please everyone as much as blue cheese dip. I take a pint of sour cream and mix in a packet of good seasons italian dressing mix. Fold in well till mixed thoroughly. Serve with wings.

I usually wind up going through my spices while making up the pan of sauce and mix in some garlic and some cayenne pepper if I want them real hot.

15. IamZed

IamZed ...

Now that a new day has come, I have further advice on this topic:
    DO NOT eat super killer wings!

16. Valkyre

Valkyre Crazy Viking Woman

Thanks for all the recipes and info! I will have to try these. :)

17. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Oh and if you want a batch that's sweet and spicy, add some duck sauce. you know, the chinese stuff that you can buy in the food store. It's got like apricots in it. It will glaze nicely and add a sweetness to the punch of the tabasco :)