1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another School Shooting, 17 dead

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

Suzie, you are not going to believe where my friends were before they moved to Prescott in the 1990s: the Los Angeles area! She'd been there since the early 1970s (I met her in Boston) and he was there even longer. His mother left him her house in Prescott. They've been there ever since and love living there.

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

I remember that time. I was on your list, but I am way off the beaten track when it comes to I-90. I did meet four of the people on the original CompuServe forum back in 1995 (in Santa Fe, Carmel, and San Francisco).

cdw likes this.
  3. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

I liked Prescott but there is limited shopping and hundreds of miles to any other civilization. It's a pretty town, and that valley to the east (Prescott Valley) but it's isolated. Some kind of state park just south, then hours until you reach Phoenix. Sedona same thing. I like my shopping and Prescott doesn't have it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Allene likes this.
  4. Allene

Allene Registered User

I understand. My friends were in their 50s when they left LA for Prescott. I just remembered something else. The man who started the CompuServe forum that evolved into the current forum met his wife on that CompuServe forum. They had some sort of gathering somewhere, and she attended it. The marriage lasted 20 years until his death a few years ago. They were two of the five people I met in person.

5. dsl987

dsl987 Member

LOL - no we will not annihilate each other :)
    He's a nice guy, we just have pretty differing political views.

6. Susan Addams

Sometimes differences make for interesting people. Sometimes it's better to discuss football than religion or politics. ;)

Allene likes this.
  7. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

You obviously have never need in the South. Many people down here go to College Football games more religiously than they go to church! There are family fights that occur because some went to Alabama and others went to Mississippi State and they get to talking about football.

Allene likes this.
  8. Susan Addams

I'm not a sports fan unless it's my alma mater. You would be better off discussing sports with a rock. Both the rock and I would be happier if you did that. :)

9. Allene

Allene Registered User

I'm familiar with that, having spent five years in Virginia (near Virginia Tech) and another five in the Chapel Hill area of North Carolina. My husband's family are rabid Tech fans!