1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another piece of the Amazon WFM falls into place!

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Susan Addams, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Left Coast Fiscal Conservative

Introducing 5% Back at Whole Foods Market
    with the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card (link)

Cutting to the chase scene, get an Amazon Visa card and if you are Prime you get 5% off all Amazon and WFM pruchases. Non Prime gets 3%, and all get 2% on gasoline and restaurants, 1% on everything else.

It's a banking move. Amazon is in the credit card market.

Amazon Prime now reaches nearly half of U.S. households (link)

Amazon is in the business of sipping money streams. I'm in the business of sipping Amazon.

Amazon has been experimenting on dropping WFM prices on some products. Amazon has the infrastructure that for a mere $40 you can voice order almost anything. (Echo Dot on sale, $39.99, list price $49.99, offer to extend until ... ???)

"Alexa, please order X... from WFM and have it delivered." Probably take 30 minutes in major cities.

Evidently the stock marked correction is over. I came out of it with $25K gains just on Amazon but less taxes on my pay check too!

Eeeekkk! I just realized California (perhaps my eventual destination) has legalized pot! What if Amazon enters the business? "Alexa, please deliver 10 grams of Columbia Supremo Especial to my house." Hey Amazon, "Who's ya momma?"

For the record Suzy does not participate in the use of recreational drugs nor condone such use. This is just a thought experiment.
  2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

For the record what she said.
  3. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Left Coast Fiscal Conservative

LOL, thanks Shiny. You da man! ;)

I seriously think that my investment in Amazon may give me the freedom to enter a new career. Give me the freedom to take some months without pay and give my shot at my next career (writing).

I knew something was coming. I think something is always coming for Amazon. That is why I invested so much of my money in AMZN. It's the shot of a lifetime. If they succeed then I succeed. It's just that simple.

I hope later this year my posts will be increasingly about my art and about my writing career.

I hope our stupid government will learn to not intrude on citizens' lives. So far I see the chances of that as pretty good.

You know, you can fix Trump's Tweeter problem by not watching the news and not participating in social media. I've always believed in "fix it from my end" solutions.