1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Major Tweak to Obamacare

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Allene, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

This is getting really off the wall!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/19/administration-announces-new-obamacare-exemption/

2. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

This is like watching a train wreck in ultra-slow motion.

What am I saying? This IS a train wreck in ultra-slow motion.

3. Allene

Allene Registered User

Yes, it is downright creepy!

4. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Yet another unconstitutional action by the Executive branch.

5. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304367204579270252042143502

WSJ weighs in on it.

Essentially, Obama let the government shut down in October and made the implementation commence, and now that it has commenced - past the point of no return - is trying to repeal it to what the Republicans asked for and were denied.

Except now insurance markets are highly unstable, and unsustainable.

This is going to take a trillion dollar bailout. Watch.

What a f***ing disaster.

Greg likes this.
  6. Greg

Greg Full Member

I was going to post something on this specific event, but it's just getting to the point where we have a train wreck every day--and it's not worth the time to watch the details on TV or bother discussing it on forums.

What will be tomorrow's train wreck? Oh yeah, that's right, today is the last day to sign up for Obamacare to begin coverage in January, and of course the website is dysfunctional and probably shuts down whenever Sibelius has her period or when Obama takes a shit.

This 44th America Presidency has made a farce of our government, and at the same time the Executive has usurped much of Congressional power.

I sure hope we don't have a major disaster during Obama's term. Oops! Too late! Obamacare happened.

7. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I just saw in the news that our territories (like Samoa and Guam) have to sign up for the ACA, but our illustrious government forgot to extend the subsidies for paying the premiums to the territories, so the lower income people have to pay full price.

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

Honestly, they cannot even spell the word C-O-O-R-D-I-N-A-T-E!

9. Greg

Greg Full Member

They changed the deadline again today. Except for states like California with individual exchanges. If you're in one of those states you're fucked if you didn't get it done yesterday.

But never mind, I'm sure our new Legislative Branch located in the Oval Office will change that tomorrow or Monday or something.

Shit we should just save a bunch of money and fire all our Senators and Congressmen and Congresswomen. Who needs them? Apparently all we need is an Executive Branch. Who needs the Judicial anyway? It's up to the Executive to enforce the law ruled upon by the Judicial. If the Executive is going to ignore Congress why not ignore the Judicial too?

Don't you really wonder now just exactly why Obama shook hands with Raul Castro? They're brothers of heart! They both run the same kind of government! They got all the same things in government and they both ignore it and just do whatever they want.

The Executive is the Executive. We don' need no Legislative, we don' need no Judicial, we don' need no friggin' Constitution. We got the guns and we got the banks and we got the military. Who gonn'a go up against that?

Oh I forgot, Obama has the IRS in his pocket too. It's part of his branch! Let the House of Representatives legislate all the financial laws they want, but the IRS has the money. It collects it and it issues it. Who needs Congress?

Our silly founding fathers. They thought they wrote a good Constitution but they forgot one thing. What if the Executive just decides to ignore it? In practicality Obama has all the Democrats in his pocket so he is pretty much impeachment proof because if the Democrats impeach him they'll be slitting their own throats too, when it comes to the 2014 and 2016 elections.

I used to think my friend was crazy when he suggested we in America could have a totalitarian takeover of our government. Think about the NSA spying on all our phone calls and emails and Internet activity, and then you tell me if we still have a Constitution. The only reason they haven't collected the guns is because most civilian weapons are .50 cal or under, and that is what the army calls "small arms." Yeah sure we got the Second Amendment but that was when there was only small arms and cannons, and cannons were unwieldy and difficult to maneuver, and a reasonable force with small arms could take another force with some cannons. Didn't they do that in Boston in the Revolutionary War?

What we really have now is that the Executive has taken over the major part of the government, and everybody is pretending that nothing has happened.

Or if you disagree then just tell me why Obama changes the ACA every day depending on what color underwear he's wearing that day and which way the wind blows.

10. Allene

Allene Registered User

I don't disagree with you. We are in a precarious position, make no mistake about it, but we are also dealing with very selfish people who will put their re-elections first and the good of the country second, or maybe not even second--quite possibly at the very bottom of their lists. When this president was re-elected, I just couldn't believe that a majority was crazy enough to keep him in power. I could already envision what would happen re the government a long time ago. What I didn't envision was the total mess they were capable of getting us into with Obamacare. It's just mind-bending! You have to go out of your way to find as many idiots as those who are running it right now.

11. Greg

Greg Full Member

I'm sorry to say that I was too stupid to realize it until well after the 2012 election. I didn't even vote. All I saw was two candidates neither of which I wanted as President. I didn't realize then how evil Obama was. Back then all I thought was that he was just another liberal jerk, and our side nominated the conservative equivalent.

I remember back in the old days when you actually had a choice when time came to vote. Even worse here in California. Do you think my vote makes a difference? When I'm up to my ears in liberals? My vote means nothing these days except on state and local propositions etc., and I always vote NO on everything, everything!!!!!!!

I think the last time I voted yes on anything was our Proposition 13 which limits how much property taxes can rise.

What we need at the federal level is choice A: Democrat, choice B: Republican, choice C: something else, choice D: none of the above let's have another damned election in 90 days and see if you jerks in Washington DC can get it right, or we'll be right back at the voting booth in another 90 days, and another 90 days after that until you get somebody running for office that means something.

Just throwing this out for a laugh, the last president I liked was Bill Clinton. Make fun of me if you like, I don't care.

My reason: look at the national debt during Clinton's watch. Then compare that to the national debt under Obama's watch.