1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anonymizer

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Dec 16, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Ok, I went for the 29.99 special and got the one year support of this program.

I've never used it but I am sure one of you out there has, and maybe still is.

If you are, I have a question, can you use anonymizer to login anywhere that needs cookies and yet remain anon?

2. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

Yes and no. Depends on how you define anonymous, heh, heh!

It changes or repackages the cookie to session only. So you get the cookie but it is gone when you finish the session so it can't be referenced at your next stop.

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I used it a long time ago, remember? I couldn't use Hotmail through it; it wouldn't load up properly, and I had major issues logging into my account to check my email. I wanted it so I could check my email at work without the security guys getting any captures, and not being able to do so really pissed me off.

I wound up getting a refund.

SM

4. ethics

Ok, I am more concerned about getting IN to a site, which requires cookies, but while cloaking my IP. The site I am talking about is Yahoo. Any ideas?

5. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

It should cloak your IP all the time. That is my understanding. It is simple if I understand it correctly. (A big assumption.)

In the simplest of terms it acts as a middle man. You ask for yahoo via your browser but instead of being directly hooked up as a client to the yahoo server you are hooked up to the middle man, anonymizer, who acts as a server for you and as a client for yahoo.

Make sense?

6. ethics

Really? That is so cool. :) Thanks!

7. Sierra Mike

It cloaks it. Pretty much any encryption will hose most attempts to snatch your IP info. It sure worked when it came down to fooling the Dragons and Squire.

The only info that shows up is Anonymizer's servers.

SM

8. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

Thats it! The middle man's IP.

Of course there is the small problem that the middle man knows all about you. So who does he work for? You or them. Or is he a double agent? Who to trust!

There are two things I learned from my past life:

1. There are no secrets! If two people know it everybody knows it.

2. If truth is your goal, you will never attain it. There are only facts.

And you just wanted to know about the anonymizer!

Should this be moved to the philosphy and religion forum?

9. Sierra Mike

Oh, good Lord...! :haha:

SM

10. jamming

jamming Banned

Actually the only real way to do this is chain a number of proxy's together. But even that won't protect you if you are there to long.. The best way is to get a throw away account and pay by money order. Make sure you use a clean computer probably bought from a computer show or from a flea market. Do all those things and you still might be caught.