1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcing: Winner of first PC Build Competition!!!

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Techie2000, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

M1 Tank Commander's Submission
    Twingo's Submission can be found at http://rbuggy.dyndns.org/data/twingo.xls

Both parties purchased everything from newegg.com

After much review, and it was hard, the winner of the first monthly Techie Forum PC build competition is...(drumroll please)

TWINGO!!!

It was a hard decision. They both had good setups. mrRT told me his official decision was a tie. So I went back and looked closely at the configurations with the main goal in mind. Multimedia. Twingo's configuration included good speakers, and a better integrated graphics card which are important for multimedia operations. However M1 did have a bigger HDD and Windows XP tends to work better for multimedia which made it hard. But in the end I figured you could always burn the stuff to CD.

TWINGO you have $300 GAD on the way. M1 you have $30 GAD on the way.

Note: If anyone needs the links for M1's setup PM me and I'll forward the PM to you. vB cuts up the links to save space so I just removed them...

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

WUUU HUU!!!

Nice job Twingo! :happy:

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Congrats to both of you guys... Now for me to start shoping!!!

4. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Congrats guys ;)

5. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

Thanks guys :) M1's was very nice as well. Hopefully we can get some more submissions the next time around. Come on peeps we must have some creative tech people here to design some rigs here :)

6. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

WTG, guys! I had a submission I was working on, and lost it when my power went out - twice!! :( I just didn't have the energy or heart to track down all my links again...

I'll be waiting for the next one!!

7. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Excellent job guys
    very creative
    solid machines
    with good pricing

either one is a great choice for under 600$$$

8. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I haven't a clue about these things, but I love it when someone wins! Congrats!

9. FrankF

FrankF #55170-054

Edit: Post didn't belong here.

10. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Congrats to both! Job well done!