1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animal rescue or cruelty?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by midranger4, Jan 28, 2003.

1. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

2. IamZed

IamZed ...

It must be a form of mental illness. We see this often. Those of us who are lonely often turn to a pet or two but this is ridicules.

3. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

She was also caught with 30 dogs in her van when she was caught in Ontario. This woman and her husband have severe issues, and the animals paid the price for it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were found to be severely mentally ill.

4. nitewriter

nitewriter To Perceive Is To Suffer

The article never stated if these people, and I'm being kind in calling them that, were selling the dogs or not.
    Unfortunately puppy mills are all too common.

5. IamZed

IamZed ...

I worked with a puppy thief once. He sold them for medical experiments. If he found your dog on the street he would take it. He ran a truck full of dog down to Kentucky about once a week.

6. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

I sure hope you mean you worked with him in a different capacity and he was a puppy thief on the side.

I'd like to introduce this fellow to my dog :)

7. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Severe issues is an understatement. These animals deserve so much better than what they received. There is no excuse for the treatment that was given them. I am sure there are more horror stories out here like this one.

8. IamZed

IamZed ...

Dogs I guess get a good price for medical experiments. I was working concrete and a fellow worker worked dog on the side. His crew did other bizarre dog things. They held dog swimming races. I had never heard of such shit. They did it all by drugging the dogs to within an inch of their lives. This all happened in Kentucky so go figure. Some stupid people down there. I dont mean that as a generalization, I mean every one of the people we hired from Kentucky had disgusting tales of what they considered good old time fun.
    They all clamed to be born in Hazard as well. I mean every single person I met from Kentucky claimed to be born in Hazard. All of them.

9. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Midranger4,

I suppose I should thank you for bringing this incident to my attention.

On the other hand, I'm saddened that this 64 year old male and 76 year old woman are among us; able to inflict such a 'quality of life' upon creatures that are less dominant on this planet than humans.
    Unbelievable, and, unforgivable.

This man and woman should really go to church this weekend, and thank their god that I don't live in Oregon.

What my fellow human beings are capable of, continues to stun me.
    We all should be ashamed that these folks are of our dominant species, on this planet.

Yea, I know that we humans 'eat' much of the other species on this planet. Such is nature (the food chain, and all). But, that doesn't mean that we have the right to subject these other species to what amounts to torture during their short life.

I'm a hunter. I do kill other life on this planet to put food on my table for me and my family. But, believe it or not, I do respect that life I'm taking.

Folks like these seem to have no respect for the quality of life of the lesser creatures.

Argh! I'm ranting due to emotion.
    My apologies.
    I'm going to go calm down now. Seeya.

Regards,

10. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Wow zed, how did you restrain yourself from breaking his face???

More importantly, did you report him?? I have called the SPCA and Human Society and the police on animal abusers so many times, it's really damned sad.