1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android App

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Piobaireachd, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

I think I saw something flash by when I checked GA from my phone about an Android App available with the new forum software.

I've searched but I can't find anything else.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Tapatalk

3. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Tapatalk is installed for the site. The next update to the forum software is supposed to have a built in mobile style that should alleviate the need for Tapatalk.

5. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

I think I will wait then. $2.99 seems high considering some of the reviews/comments I read on the Android Marketplace.

6. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Can't speak for the Android version, but the iPhone version of Tapatalk is fantastic with GA.

7. Biker

I haven't checked the site with my Vox since the conversion, but I would imagine that Opera Mini would handle things very well on your droid.

8. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Tapatalk's sig spam pisses me off. Paid apps should never do something like that.

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Lol came here to test and post from tapatalk and it hit a double with two discussions on the forum... Check out the below auto signature.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

10. Arc

Arc Full Member

Российский нарушитель спокойствия! ;)

11. Allene

Allene Registered User

I went on my iPhone 5 about half an hour ago and attempted to go to GA. A message flashed on about Tapatalk, so I guess it isn't a built-in feature of the new forum. No matter, before I spend money to purchase it, can you tell me if Tapatalk needs to be voice activated. I'll only be coming here on my iPhone when I'm away from home without my laptop. Thanks.

12. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Есть ли какой-либо другой вид?:p

13. Biker

The Tapatalk app is not voice activated. It just reformats the forum in a different format for mobile devices.

14. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks

15. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I like Tapatalk, but it's not needed. You can view the forum just fine through safari on the iPhone.

16. Allene

Allene Registered User

Downloaded it. It now shows up as an app, so I searched for GA from it and got this message: Cannot connect to forum. This forum is either restricting access from Tapatalk or the installed Tapatalk plugin is not working. Please contact your forum administrator.

SIGH! What do I do now besides "contacting the forum administrator"? I'm totally brain-dead from two days of learning how to use this phone. Someone said it didn't come with a manual because it was intuitive. Well, maybe for those who were either born with cell phones in their mouths, or started using them from the very beginning. I did find a 156-page iPhone 5 manual at the Apple site. It's quite good, but doesn't cover every single hole some of us manage to fall into. I'd be totally lost without it.

I'm going off to have a brain transplant now (cup of tea!). Be back later. Thanks for any help you can give me. I used www.globalaffairs.org/forum/ Maybe I should have left off "forum"?

17. Allene

Allene Registered User

It's working now, but a new problem has surfaced. The password I was given last April after the crash is about a mile long, and I can't read some of my own handwriting. Could you please send me a new password? I'll change it to something shorter right after that. Thanks.

18. Biker

Allene, log out and then click the "forgot password" link.

19. Allene

Allene Registered User

Done! Thanks!

20. Allene

Allene Registered User

Okay, but why didn't it print "Sent from my iPhone with Tapatalk"?