1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

...and once more, for effect...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Steve, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Anyone have any idea what it will take to break the vicious cycle of famines in Ethiopia?

Why must 15 million people be placed at risk of dying from hunger? What the HELL is going on in Africa?

2. jamming

jamming Banned

The Horn of Africa has had periodic famines since biblical times.

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

We tried to feed the people in Somalia. Unfortunately the population is ruled by warlords more interested in their power than in whether or not the babies have food. They have to begin getting rid of these guys before we can help much.

4. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Been trying to help the African since Dr Livingstone was there and then some. And how far have they advanced, not much in Somalia's case. The food aid gets hijacked in some cases and sold to buy weapons to fight their silly fucking civil wars. 30% of them have aids. Mugabe in Zimbabwe has ruined the economy with his crazy land policies. I could go on but not tonight. Its late.

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Damn, and where did we go this time, Bob? You keep winding up in places like Ethiopia and the Sudd, while I on the other hand, bemoan such places as...Kaohsiung. :haha:

SM