1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An "opposite" challenge

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Steve, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I would like to challenge the readers of this particular forum to see things from the opposite point of view.

If you believe in a higher Power, argue convincingly that there is no such thing.

If you do not believe in a higher Power, make the case for the existence of one.

This is a fun exercise, and really gets you thinking, I've found. Just be careful not to slip into your normal opinion. It's pretty easy to do.

Who will start?

2. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

My Higher Power does not exist, because if He did, any all loving, all forgiving, all knowing Diety would know that humans suffer daily with poverty, death, and ill health, to name a few. If I had faith in my Higher Power I would not have lost 2 of my best friends in the world, I would not have lost my cat, I would not have to face the constant tribulations of dealing with humans who can't just love one another for who and what they are. I would not have to worry that if I leave my house I may be shot for what I am, for where I work, for what I belive in, and for who I love. If my Higher Power did exist, there would be more earthly signs to all humans that people are people, and that people are good in nature, and that those who are NOT good in nature that kill and hurt and rob and spread hate are brought to justice in a manner that fits the crime or other harm done. If my Higher Power did exist, I would challenge Him to offer convincing proof to others who hate and dislike others for who they are, or what they represent, that they are wrong in not loving other people the way they love themselves. That my Higher Power is nothing more, and nothing less than what various scriptures, writings and teachings represent, and no other in depth interpretation for self serving purposes is need. It is what it is, and that is all that it is.

LOL I don't know about putting myself out there like this.

3. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

I am truly sick and tired of these Neo-Conservatives telling us what we are and are not allowed to say and do in today's modern world! It's high time that we rise up and let these ignoramouses know just how closed minded they really are through the "Political Correct Movement/Liberal" that we have worked so hard for.

All we seek is tolerance for diverse cultures, race, gender, ideology and alternate lifestyles. Why can more people not see that our philosophy is truly the only social and morally acceptable way to look at things? Anyone who disagrees with this philosophy is simply a closed-minded individual.

Being "Politically Correct/Liberal" can also be great fun, though! It's not just an attitude... It's a way of life! It gives you the satisfaction of knowing that you are undoing <b>ALL</b> of the social evils instilled through centuries of oppression.

Even many white men <small>(WHO SOMEHOW FEEL LEFT OUT OF THE POLITICALLY CORRECT/LIBERAL MOVEMENT)</SMALL> <B>can</B> be "Politically Correct/Liberal". They simply have to feel very guilty.

Why, you ask?

Well, quite simply because the white man's ancestors were responsible for practically every injustice in the world...

<li> Slavery
    <li> War
    <li> Genocide
    <li> Poverty
    <li> Oppression

That, in turn, means that all white men are <b>AT LEAST</b> partially responsible for all of these injustices and it is certainly high time to balance the scales of justice for the descendants of those individuals whose ancestors their ancestors have "pushed down".

Yes, many of us do claim to believe in God. But those of us who say we do feel that the Bible should be reinterpreted to conform to our beliefs, philosophies, and sexual orientations.

Now, if you want to be "Politically Correct/Liberal". you have to be careful in what you say, think and do. <b>ABOVE ALL ELSE</b>, you absolutely cannot offend anyone! Being offensive is destructive, and will not make the world the "Utopian Heaven" we seek, much like John Lennon's "Imagine".

There are lots of other ways we can be more Politically Correct as well. For example, separate all of your garbage into different containers...

<li> Glass
    <li> Metal
    <li> White paper
    <li> Blue paper
    <li> Plastic

Also, make sure that all of your wife's make-up hasn't been tested on animals. And, you should also try to find at least sixty ways to use your water. For instance...

When you take a shower, brush your teeth at the same time.
    And even then, do not let the water go down the drain! Rather, use it to irrigate your lawn. and better yet...
    Replace your lawn with a vegetable garden.

Some other ways are...

<li> Don't use aerosol.
    <li> Harrass people who wear fur coats. Remind them that an innocent baby seal was mercilessly beaten to death with a wooden club. Or just point at them and yell, "FURRRR!!!" They hate that.
    <li> And don't EVER eat meat! Cows are animals, just like humans are animals. That means that they have rights. When you eat meat, you're oppressing animals!

Although, sometimes killing can be justified. You just have to be able to tell when an animal has rights and when it doesn't. Some examples are...

<b>HAVE RIGHT TO LIFE</b>

<li> Cows
    <li> Cute bunnies
    <li> Dolphins in tuna nets
    <li> Whales
    <li> Red Squirrels
    <li> Owls
    <li> Seals
    <li> Radical Muslims

<b>HAVE NO RIGHT TO LIFE</b>

<li> Cockroaches
    <li> Flies
    <li> Tuna in tuna nets
    <li> Sharks
    <li> Gray Squirrels
    <li> Loggers
    <li> Barnacles
    <li> Conservatives and/or anyone else who isn't Politically Correct

Some other ways you can be Politically Correct are...

<li> Hug a tree. Better yet, find a nub or hole in that tree and make love to it. We also feel that it is perfectly normal to "love" any<b>THING</b> or any<b>ONE</b> that you want to. Got a pet?
    <li> Rejoice each day in our cultural differences, for they are what gives flavor to our great country. In fact, we really need to start shipping our poorest, most poverty stricken American citizens across the border to Canada, Mexico, and South America so that they may be "culturally enlightened" as well.
    <li> Get in touch with your sexual identity. Again, the idea that a man and woman uniting as a "couple" is old news! We need to add more variety in this dreary, drab world!
    <li> Subscribe to National Geographic and search it for neat non-Western cultural traditions and costumes.
    And, of course, after you read it use the paper as an alternate fuel source.

Now, if you're feeling unsure about your motivation as a member of the "Politically Correct/Liberal" movement, just remember...

<b>YOU ARE RIGHT!!!</b> It's that simple. You are right.

Now, we of the "Politically Correct/Liberal" movement need to stand up for one another when faced with confrontation! It's important to know when someone is saying something insensitive to one of our bed fellows so that we can have that person removed from society.

The basic guideline is...

Is the confrontation between two white people?

<b>Yes -></b> The liberal is right.
    <b>No --></b> The white person is oppressing the ethnic person.

Now remember, many issues which seem to be clearcut cases to some such as the railroading of Mayor Marion Barry, OJ Simpson, the Clarence Thomas issue, and the Saint Mary's University Carribean Society shutdown are really race issues.

And the way we say things, or the words we used to use in everyday life are all a part of the Politically Correct movement, as well. You see, part of the way we think about people comes directly from the words we use to describe them.

After all, why should a person be judged by the color of their skin, or even their character for that matter? They should really be judged by where their ancestors are from. If your great, great great, great, great, grandparents are from Africa, Asia or wherever, then you should be identified by that fact. You can even apply for special scholarships, moneys and other special treatment!

And saying "black man" or "Chinese person" is just wrong... WRONG... <b>WRONG!!!</b> The "Politically Correct/Liberal" terms are "African American" and "Chinese American". I'm not <b>EVEN</b> going to go into the "N" word or the "C" word... <i>GASP</i>!!!

On the other hand, a white man in America with South African ancestors cannot be referred to as "African American". He is neither American. Nor is he African. He's to simply be referred to as a white man. This is to say, we really are talking about skin color, we're just pretending that we're not.

Now, here's a fun practice drill for you...

See how many newspaper articles you can make into race bias stories. It's great fun! Some of our members are so good at it, they can make the weather report look like a KKK pamphlet!

And if you hear someone say something that is not Politically Correct, here is what to do...

If you aren't in a position of authority, by all means report this activity immediately to whomever is in charge. If your school leader, employer, or superior is hip to the trend of the new era of human events, she or he will take the necessary steps to have the insensitive offender disciplined.

Is this considered censorship you ask?

Heqavens no! The Constitution never meant for racism, sexism and insensitivity to be espoused by anyone. That's not what free speech is really all about. Sure, some call it censorship. We call it "selective" speech. Saying something negative about a particular race or gender is just as damaging as, say, punching them in the face. We just can't allow that kind of verbal assault.

Next, in order to get the "Politically Correct/Liberal" movement rolling at an early age, we should forcibly encourage students to volunteer their time with philanthropist causes. Also, we should re-emphasize non-Western perspectives on history.

And teach them that they are all equal! One should not take into consideration such silly things as academic, physical or artistic abilities! Things like these constitute competition. Competition could show that someone really <b>IS</b> better than another individual, and we cannot have that!

And the word is, "<b>TOLERANCE FOR ONE AND ALL!!!</b>", except for those who are not Politically Correct. Those who choose to not see things our way should be shunned from society and public view. Be sure and use cool words such as...

<li> Racist!
    <li> Bigot!
    <li> Hater!
    <li> Intolerant!
    <li> Sexist!

Words like these shut most of them up pretty fast.

<b>The Educational System</b>

We also should re-structure tests and quizzes to reflect cultural biases. The way the system works now, "select" under-represented minorities who tend to do worse on entrance tests have lower standards of admissions at school and work and receive preferential treatment. This is unfair and wrong.

The truly "PC" way to do it is to have a different grading scale for different groups which gives or removes points from the final score, depending on who is taking the test. If you are white, then you have been benefited by society during your life. That means that you lose ten to fifteen points to make the test fair to everyone else.

As for humor, we Politically Correct Liberals take every comment very seriously! We will not accept any comment, joke, remark, or anything that sounds like it could be a racial slur <small>(unless of course, it is a person of ethnic origin joking about white people. teee heee heee)</small>.

So, to summarize...

The "Politically Correct/Liberal" belief is essentially a recognition that people are diversely equal. We rejoice in this equality by treating people differently based on their equal individuality.

Hop aboard the bandwagon! Be a Politically Correct Liberal!

Otherwise, you are labeling yourself as a bigoted, intolerant, racist, sexist and insensitive filthy pig!

4. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Out of respect for stevent and Dom, I am not going to dignify the prior posting, other than to say I think somebody said something, but I did not hear much.

5. Domh

Domh Full Member

Funny, but too sardonic, acidulous and diaphanous.

;)

6. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Funny? :)

Sardonic? :nut:

Acidulous? ;)

Diaphanous? :mad:

Perhaps a little. :cool:

But nobody of the Politically Correct/Liberal "<i>persuasion</i>" can deny any of it. It is all fact <small>(AT LEAST IN THEIR EYES)</small> and my accurate version of the opposing view. Is that not what you asked for? [​IMG]

PS: Ok, maybe this...

<b>HAVE NO RIGHT TO LIFE</b>

<li> Conservatives and/or anyone else who isn't Politically Correct

...was stretching it a bit. <tt><small>(BUT NOT MUCH)</small></tt>

7. Domh

Domh Full Member

I guess it is, and its a great post HW, and was a great read, but its about politics and society, not philosophy, spirituality and religion.

Take a stab at posting the opposite of your personal philosophical, spiritual or religious views! It is an interesting exercise, as you showed with your post about the opposite of your political views.

;)

8. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Well, yes, but something "philosophically, spiritually, or religiously" oriented.

9. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Oh, <b>JUST</b> about God. Sorry.

But Political Correctness <b>IS</b> a philosophy of sorts, and I did state something about the Bible their.

Again... Sorry. Delete it if you want to. :)

10. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

No big deal, certainly not worth deleting over!

11. Domh

Domh Full Member

No deletion necessary it was an interesting post.

:thumbsup:

12. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

I thought it was a little heavy-handed, I could feel your disdain of the philosophy coming through it. Maybe I'm just not Liberal enough to see it as truth though ;)

13. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Please. :)

Tell me where it is <b>not</b> the truth? Where? :huh:

14. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

I'm not sure, I don't know too many people that fit that description.

15. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

I knew plenty of those idiots while living in Washington DC. And many of the beliefs/ideals I pointed out is plastered all over the news on a daily basis.

In any case, this is supposed to be about phlisophy of religion. So I will stop here.

For now. :_

16. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

I love the party system. It is such a great thing. You got two choices, so one has to be correct. Lobbiest are great too. They get so many good laws passed.

I love microsoft! They make such great products. Everything is so secure and stable.

Bush is a great president. I love the way he bombs other countries at will. He shows the rest of the world who's boss.

I firmly believe in the war on drugs, the war on terrorism, and the war against piracy. Those are three totally winnable wars. We just got pump more money into those wars and we will win the fight.

17. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Jesus damonlab. :huh:

What exactly do you <b>really</b> like about this country other than your First Amendment right to spew your hatred for it? :(

18. Domh

Domh Full Member

Im not saying these responses arent interesting, cause they very much are, but stevent had an idea for this thread i think...

;)