1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Oldie But a Goody

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Aug 16, 2004.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I am going to create a newb character so all of the quests will show and those that need them can do them. (Server is will be open in 5 mins)

I will be afk, however, installing Linux on another PC.

2. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Cool. Ok, I will probably be the only one on but what they hey. If anyone wants to stop by for gems (Yes, I have plenty of Perfect Skulls) they can.

3. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

We ought to post our tips/tricks for BDD. For example - when you level up, I don't immediately set an available skill. If I have at least one of everything, I save those skills until I reach the next threshhold. Like when I get to level 30 (I'm level 27 now), I'll have 7 skill slots to drop on level 30 skills and spells. Makes me a tough sumbitch at level 30, since I'll already have all those 30th level spells.

Barbarians, it's not necessary to use a skill slot on every type of weapon. I don't use any on pole arms or maces/blunt weapons. I specialize my barbarians in either axes or swords. I like to stock my barbs up on weapons specializations and spell resistance. They get so damned tough to kill, because spells have virtually no effect on them.

Barbarians are very good at using two weapons, one in each hand, and no shield. If you get a couple of good swords that have improved very fast attack speeds, you can be a virtual Cuisinart.

4. ethics

Sorry, router problems... :( I am doing too many things right now to look in to this more.

I would suggest someone else to host and not rely on just one point. Unplug your linksys and plug the network cable directly in to the modem.

5. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I wish I knew more about setting up a server for D2. I will look into it and see what I can do.

6. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

What about IP 67.23.199.147?

7. Copzilla

Dude! Unplug your modem from your router. Plug your modem directly into the wall. Retstart. Fire up D2. Select Other Multiplayer, then Host Game instead of Join Game. Your IP will be displayed. Hit the Window key (bottom left of your keyboard) to minimize D2. Post your IP here. Go back to playing your game.

8. Copzilla

Sounds right...

9. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Try and connect.

10. Copzilla

11. ethics

Unless you turned it off when I was trying... no go.

12. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

I read it. You just don't look like your working to hard. :lol:

13. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

Do'h. I have to run for now. I will try again later.

14. Copzilla

Just sucking that gummint tit, my man!