1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An angry doctor speaks out on the Obamacare situation

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Allene, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

Well said!

cdw likes this.
  2. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Along those same lines, this came across my Facebook today. It's from November, but it's pretty good.

3. Arc

Arc Full Member

As the richest and most powerful nation in the history of the modern world we are a disgrace in providing healthcare to our citizens and legal residents.

We had a chance to significantly improve the above when President Obama was elected as he came into office with a super majority in the senate and a majority in the house plus an expressed desire by him as healthcare for all a major goal. Given the preceding the final product called the ACA or Obama Care was an abomination. It had good and bad points but overall was a dismal effort or product given the need and ability to do better.

President Trump has promised to repeal Obama Care with something that would be much better. Instead the Republicans come with a grossly bad new plan that thankfully never got passed. It was an ugly broken down horse that if passed would have been replacing a different broken down horse that was brought to us by the Democrats.

National healthcare for us highlights the worse of our political leaders in the executive and legislative branches of government. The first and foremost thing that drives everything of significance that they do is to get elected or reelected while for the most part being pawns of their respective parties as opposed to representatives of their constituents.
    ethics likes this.
  4. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Allene likes this.
  5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Bingo! I get so tired of that!