1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMEX Membership Rewards/Delta

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by MJF, Dec 28, 2002.

1. MJF

MJF Amphibious Member

Between Jan 3 and Feb 15, transfer a minimum of 50,000 membership reward points from AMEX to your Delta Sky Miles account and get 10,000 bonus miles.

To transfer the miles go to americanexpress.com/rewards or 1 800 AXP EARN (297 3276).

2. MJF

MJF Amphibious Member

Just a reminder that the window of opportunity is now open until Feb 15th.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

When I was younger, i accumulated like 30,000 miles on Amex. Was late on my payment once ( I was out of the country but no excuse) and poof went my miles.

Never had Amex since then.

Besides, don't the business pay a higher % per transaction than MC and VISA?

Not to poop on your recommendation, MjF, just wanted to vent a little. I am still not over losing my miles. ;)

4. MJF

MJF Amphibious Member

Things must have changed since then. Now the only penalty is losing the miles for the month you were late. You can reinstate those miles for $15 each month. I've lost a couple of months of miles that way.

Yes, businesses do pay a higher % on transactions but AMEX still keeps their product going.

Sorry about your experience with AMEX but a lot of people use it. I just thought a 20% dividend is a pretty good deal if people want use the points on Delta.