1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America's BEST Franchises in History?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Jan 21, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

ESPN did their own poll to determine a very hard question of what was the best franchise in America's history.

They quantified fan's relations to the team, the owner's honesty and loyalty to the city and fans, the value the team offered in terms of ticket prices, concessions and TV options, and a number of other soft metrics. One of the more innovative objective criteria was a never before attempted financial analysis of games won per dollars spent by fans over the past three years.

Green Bay Packers were the best?

For all you scientific types, what do you think of the methodology? And for sports fans, what categories do you feel were left out? What I find interesting is that they are attempting the impossible. ESPN wants to quantify that weird, insane, irrational, passionate, relationship we have with our teams.

I am just happy by Devils came in at 40. :)

2. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Woohoo....the mighty Green and Gold came in at #1!!!!!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Actually, not that I'm biased or anything, but I would have to agree with the selection of Green Bay.

One big reason.....How many other sports teams are actually owned by the community in which they play?