1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Americas] Arizona House Backs Strict Immigration Bill

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Ahh, just about perfect timing from those slugs.

Well I have to say after living there for most of my life the DWP is the most corrupt, bar none, institution in Los Angeles and perhaps the nation. It's the largest municipal government owned utility and it basically controls the city. While Los Angeles and the rest of California is facing bankruptcy, only one agency hasn't gotten any layoffs or paycuts, the LADWP. As a matter of fact, in December they received pay increases pushed through by Villalaretard. The average lineman makes about $100K, custodians make well over $50k. And how is their performance? Par for the course in union controlled Los Angeles. Nice, and what do they now do to the ratepayer? Of course they want to raise rates yet again. A former DWP Commissioner predicts very soon some people will actually pay more for water and power than they do for their mortgage.

So it's pretty clear the DWP's General Manager would spout off like he has done. He knows where his bread is buttered.

We've talked about it here before, Villalaretard was the President of his college chapter of MEChA. MEChA is an acronym for "Movimiento Estudiantl Chicano de Aztln" - Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan. The goal of Aztlan is the secession of the Southwest U.S.A., which it calls Aztlan. No way you upset the apple cart and disagree with the latino lobby in Los Angeles or it's kingpin Villalaretard.
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Stio, if not for DWP, Enron doesn't happen. That's all I will say on that. What I find hilarious is that Enron employees went to jail for what they did. DWP workers? Nah, part of the 'stablishment.
  3. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I hear ya.
  4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

So since cities are starting to call for a boycott of Arizona, will Oakland, Austin, and Columbus Ohio (among others) cancel their redlight camera contracts with Redflex Systems, a company headquartered in...Phoenix, Arizona? Or will they slide around that inconvenient truth by saying that since Redflex Holdings Group (which owns Redflex Traffic Systems) isn't itself an AZ company, it's okay?