1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

America: Two Stories

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Mar 18, 2015.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Another wonderful and thought provoking This American Life but not for the same purpose as the hosts think, but what I walked away from.

Three Miles | This American Life

Listen to it, it's one hour but it's worth it, because after you do listen to the entire thing, I want to hear your opinion as to why we have one scene, and multiple outcomes like that in America with minorities.

Don't look below UNTIL you listened to it. The questions may lead you in to thinking this is about something it's completely not and you will skirt listening to it because you may THINK you know the answers AND the questions.

@Copzilla this reminded me a lot of what you are going through with certain someone and this may give you a huge advantage in giving you a window in to their minds, how they think, what they need to overcome this.

Some of the questions I had (and I have my own theories on this):

1. DO we have a bunch of Melanies in the supermarket?
    2. What holds minorities back? Society? Themselves? Environment? Lack of EMOTIONAL quotient (I wrote about this many times).
    3. This is mostly rhetorical since I don't know the answer, but HOW do we fix it? CAN it be fixed?

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Got to the end of Act One. Gotta get some sleep. Just wanted to mention that there is a transcription available for those who need it.