1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon up again! ... as stock market recovers

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Susan Addams, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

It became increasingly clear today that there will be no trade war between the US and China. As I previously predicted, US cannot afford a trade war but China cannot afford it even more. The end result is that the US and China are maybe not friends but once again smoking opium together. FNN coverage indicated many trade deals with other related countries went well too... and the stock market recovered!

My own favorite Amazon was up 4.03% today ($60.30) and amounted to a major recovery of my own stock portfolio. I've gained back most of my losses, I bought about a dozen additional shares last week and I'm already above water even on my newest purchases, never mint that most of my AMZN was bought in December. Good taste prevents me expressing my exact holding in AMZN but I'll just say that despite being under pressure of watching a year's salary lost in the last 1-2 weeks and then half coming back in just one day has made me feel really good!

Amazon is within 61.68 of matching its previous record high (1,617.54) and considering today's performance if tomorrow is just like today then AMZN will be in the vicinity of closing at/near a new record.

It appears that the market may have finally calmed down. As I type this I'm watching Laura Ingraham's FNN show and Trump has said he will meet with Kim Jong Un, NK's bad boy AKA "rocket man." Note that NK is a proxy of China, so again we have signals that US-Chinese relations are easing.

The point of this peace is that Trump has driven China to the negotiating table. Easing pressures are what turned the market around. US has been quarreling with China's proxy NK so now that tension is lessening too.

I wasn't able to find a neat, quotable precis of the rest of the major markets but all were up today. The bulls horned the bears today.

I'm not optimistic enough to hope for this but it's well within possibility that my AMZN (and many other trending stocks) may be near 52 week highs!

Just to give you a perspective on how this feels as an investor, if you owned 100 shares of AMZN your stock went up $6,030 today! As always, in 'unrealized profits."