1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[NSFW] Am I Shot?

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by SixofNine, Jan 14, 2018.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Marked it NSFW for language and, although it's more acceptable on U.S. television than cursing or sex, the violence of a shooting.

It's interesting, in today's climate I'm not sure if a sworn law enforcement officer could have come in shooting and asked questions later. Copz? Also, please allow me to take vicarious pleasure in some of the dialogue:

Perp: It's fake! It's fake! (referring to his gun)
    Guard: Oh well, mine's real.

Perp: Am I shot?
    Guard: Oh, Fuck yeah!

2. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Well that made me smile :)

3. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

I think any idiot who gets killed in such a situation have their head mounted on a pike and placed outside the business to serve as a warning to others.

Since they survived, take a hand off and they have a permanent ban from all public assistance.

4. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Amazonian woman in a petite package!

Mark that's gross. And in case you didn't get the message, our governmental system has banned corporal punishment. It's okay to execute felons but it's not okay to cut off their bodily parts.

And it appears to be a Constitutional right to suck off the government even if you're an illegal alien.

5. MemphisMark

I hope you were being facetious. I didn't see a smiley though.

The purpose of punishment is to inspire people who commit violations of the codified social code of this country (i.e., laws) not to re-violate the law they broke or any others.

This BJS report shows the recidivism rates for any arrest is over 70% for 5 years after release. This is way too high and needs to be addressed.

First step, let's simplify the code a little bit. I think the number laws could be trimmed down a good 50-75% first, a good example is "Aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the third degree." Yes, I know that's a traffic law, however we do have too many laws today, period.

Second, we need to change how felons are treated post-release. Granted, there are some jobs that they should be excluded from, namely positions of trust, but only for 5-10 years if they do not re-offend. If anything, felons need preferential hiring so they do not feed forced to steal, etc., again because they can't get a job above mindless drudge work.

Third, we need to make punishment more expensive than the crime in order to encourage felons to "go straight." This will NOT work unless #2 is fully in place first. There has to be a better carrot first before we get a bigger stick. If we do a good enough job with the carrot, we may not need a stick at all.

I understand prison is not a happy or fun place. It is mean, nasty and brutal. People usually come out harder than when they went in. As a hypothetical example, for stealing, 1st offense you get a notch cut in your ear. 2nd offense, dominant hand is removed. 3rd offense, there will be no 4th.

Suzy, don't forget you said this:

6. Susan Addams

Well you got me on the quote and I stand by it. Pay them to bug out. Do the math. It's cost effective, although of course in our governmental system we can't cut off peoples' arms. I was being facetious. The tattoo is semi-facetious, we have other ways to identify people that work. Fingerprints, biometrics...

But we cannot deliver corporal punishment except at Gitmo. That's the whole purpose of Gitmo. Our Constitutional rights so not apply at Gitmo. Waterboard them? No prob.

Noting it's just as cheap to put them on a jet to Ciudad Mexico. Send 'em on a red eye economy overnight. Send them further south if they are not Mexican citizens.

If they committed any crimes in US run them through our penal system and then the red eye.

Why does the word "penal" have the word "penis" in it? I hear there is a lot of homosexual rape in prisons. Maybe that's what it refers to.

7. MemphisMark

I believe "penal" is a etymological derivative of "penalty."

We already put them on a red eye to deport them. Too bad they keep coming back. Now if we dropped them, say an hours flight time West of Los Angeles, I could get behind that. ;-)

[​IMG]

8. Susan Addams

Just take them to Mexico and drop them off at 5,000 feet AGL. ;)

MemphisMark likes this.